Your favorite tool you got cheap.?

I use it to only clean inside of water containers the smaller end is great for where the water comes out. Baby bottle brush $2 from Walmart

Attachments

• 53FA2EB7-651A-4466-8273-D71A17253A1D.jpeg
    53FA2EB7-651A-4466-8273-D71A17253A1D.jpeg
    793.6 KB · Views: 1
When I clean out all the chips, I use a snow shovel as a "dust pan" .... not cheap but indispensable to me.
Oh yes, I've done that too, because it's so much wider than a standard shovel. Though nowadays I mostly use a bow rake since it does the job fast as well, and the snow shovel is a wee bit large for inside my coop.

I have a different kind of answer, but it fits with the title:

Last autumn we were remodeling our kitchen and I had to pick up an electric saw and several other items at Lowe's. I used self checkout, and a worker was standing beside me just chatting, when I scanned the saw. The machine made its beeps and all, and we paid a hefty price, which I had assumed was due to the saw. But a month or so later I searched the receipt to see what I had paid for it, and it wasn't on there! The machine had made a mistake! So I got a roughly $100 saw for nothing.

I actually found a litter scooper that folds so that it can work standing or leaning over! I have used the putty knife approach as well. What kind of bedding do people use that sifts? My bedding goes into compost after and is pine. It doesn't go through any of the devices above.

What kind of bedding do people use that sifts? My bedding goes into compost after and is pine. It doesn't go through any of the devices above.
I specifically use hemp for sifting. Obviously something granular like sand or PDZ would be the easiest to sift, but I want something can break down in the compost container or in the run (I rake all coop bedding into the run litter during yearly clean ups).

Back
Top Bottom