Your killings me smalls

True, and I really need to get an Auto door. I have not even put in a window and they have figured out that "morning" is earlier then they thought by almost an hour ;)
They were coming out at 7:15 to 7:30, today was 6:35. My neighbor is not home today so I am glad she didn't hear it.
@hlhutchinson what do you have for a pop door? Is it manual or auto?

Yay a golden egg after a terrible event. So glad you did not get flooded
Also I think I should mention that we also built them a bigger hen house. Once they had enough space, and were no longer being drenched by trillions of gallons of water they started laying. My Barred Rock, "Betty", even gave us a post hurricane gift! Her second or third egg was double yoked! And she regularly "hooks us up" as my 12 year old says, with double yoked eggs! Maybe one a week or more. IMG_4346.JPG

True, and I really need to get an Auto door. I have not even put in a window and they have figured out that "morning" is earlier then they thought by almost an hour ;)
They were coming out at 7:15 to 7:30, today was 6:35. My neighbor is not home today so I am glad she didn't hear it.
@hlhutchinson what do you have for a pop door? Is it manual or auto?
As of now it's manual, but we leave it open at night our run so far has been preditor proof (living in town cuts down on the predators). But come winter I'll close it at night. I want my husband to rig an automatic door. This way when we go out of town our chickens sitters only have to come over once.

Also I think I should mention that we also built them a bigger hen house. Once they had enough space, and were no longer being drenched by trillions of gallons of water they started laying. My Barred Rock, "Betty", even gave us a post hurricane gift! Her second or third egg was double yoked! And she regularly "hooks us up" as my 12 year old says, with double yoked eggs! Maybe one a week or more. View attachment 1150471
Awesome :clap way to go Betty

Ok I got 2 smalls. New layer is Speckles the Wyandotte (columbian) gave me a FART EGG !!!

But she is a good girl and did it in the nest box :love Pecan did the eggs song for her :lau
I think I need to barrow Pecan so she can do the egg song for my girls so they know how to do it
the first couple of eggs Goldie layed she sang the egg song before she layed the egg. And now not a sound from both my girls :he I want an egg song. Talk about one demanding person not only do I want the eggs but then to top it off I'm demanding a song too :barnie

Most my girls sing together every time an egg is layed so it's quite the busy (loud) morning. My daughter calls it singing in celebration and my husband calls it noisy and call it great. Guess everyone hears and sings the song different! Though my girls aren't the greatest singers.... little of pitch sometimes :)

Back
Top Bottom