Your summer plans

Redfeathers

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Gervais OR
With gas prices being so bad and the average Joe barely making ends meet, I'm wondering what most folks are doing for the summer. Anybody still planning a vacation or are you just hanging out in the back yard. Lets share some fun yet cheap ways to make summer interesting.

I plan on just doing a few day trips to the coast or the mountain, dog shows of course but only local ones and hitting a few farmers markets here and there. Otherwise I'm staying home and enjoying my yard and using my new library card.

Last edited:
Dh plans on a couple of trips to the race track w/his car and that about eats up all of our extra $. $4 a gallon for a truck that gets 10 mpg.

If things improve, we'd like to take a trip down to KY to see good freinds of ours.

We were planning on taking a vacation to Wyoming this year with the camper. We have a huge family reunion there but....my aunt died suddenly 3 weeks ago. She lives in Oregon so my daughter and I packed up in one day and drove out there in two while my husband stayed home with our son. We stayed a week then on the way home we drove through Yellowstone etc. We just got home last Saturday.

Needless to say that was a HUGE unexpected expense so we will be staying home the rest of this summer. We will probably just spend lots of time outside, do a few day trips here and there and probably spend a lot of time at the pool!

Honestly. It's my last summer with my daughter not being "in school" and this just being a summer "break"
So we are still going to be making the day trips we had planned. Some of the ones I wanted have been canceled.
I just cant see paying $40 per person for a Duck Boat Tour through Boston. And we will be waiting til she is older for some other trips.

Luckily we have the rail system. And my moms place is closer to stuff. But she isnt putting the camper wont he road this year. So no trips to the Cape for camping

Doing a lot of work around the house and yard. I went fishing for 5 days earlier this spring, my son is going to Boy Scout camp for a week. Later this summer the wife and I are going to Atlantic city for 3 days(train trip) then its off to Toronto to see the Red Sox play 2 games(bus trip). I am tired just thinking about it.... LOL

Well ay $4.00 per gallon, It is too expensive to pull the camper to the State Parks and It is too expensive too pull the boat and then put gas in the boat so all of our extra stuff is being put on hold. We are doing the free movie at the Georgian theatre each week and we do the grocery shopping while we are in town. So It is going to be a long summer at home with a 3 yr and a 7 yr boys !!!!

just plain ole workin...blech
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom