Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

Well the eggs i got range from a light blue almost white color to an army green and they were advertised as Frizzled Olive Eggers (rooster being yhe frizzle). I was going to use a Little Giant but after looking around this site I went with a Brinsea Mini Eco.

Well the eggs i got range from a light blue almost white color to an army green and they were advertised as Frizzled Olive Eggers (rooster being yhe frizzle). I was going to use a Little Giant but after looking around this site I went with a Brinsea Mini Eco.

Please do not use the new digital LG 9300 or 10300. Sell them on craigslist

Check out the byc threads "little giant 9300".
"Little giant 10300". I tried and tried. Eventually I sold them and bought a gqf hova bator 1588

Dont you and Ron have the same lines of Pene's?
How is your egg color?
I don't think they're the same line. If I'm not mistaken, he got his on an Ebay bid from somewhere on the east coast.
Mine came from 2 sources, Georgia and a guy in MO that had a pair. I got a couple pullets from the latter. They were right in all respects except egg color. Lay tons of huge eggs but not dark at all. One died of cancer a year ago. I sparingly used them for breeding hoping crossing with mine might make for darker shells in the offspring but they are just barely darker than the moms so that endeavor was a bust.
My original birds from GA had a few flaws in feather color but otherwise nice with great egg color. The cocks had some red in the hackles or worse - more than a little. The hens have some white mottling. I've just about cleaned all that up but had a huge setback when most of my birds were killed by mink last year.
I'm going to be weeding out all the birds with less than dark eggs. I've been searching for more stock but there are virtually none so in the meantime I'm just working with what I have.

Here's some eggs I just hatched from a few days ago.

Quote:
I would be happy to play... I need to set a bunch of Quail eggs... but there incubation is 18 days.... so should I set today or wait until?????
How many are you setting?
yippiechickie.gif

It just so happens that I set some guinea eggs under a broody welsummer last week, so I guess I'm playing along with this, LOL!
great!

I'll jump in with somr leghorn eggs that should be arriving tomorrow!
clap.gif

Oh, and I have a broody on 18 eggs. That's from late last night.
What kind?

Hey CC count me in I need to hatch a couple for tutors for my turkey. I will probably hatch some EE's and SS. I'll take a pic tomorrow.
I still have turkey hatching every week for the next couple of months and need some turdos.
Turkeys and tutors!

18 of my own creation easter Eggers under the broody and I'll have Isabel and brown split to Isabel leghorn eggs tomorrow.
broody
thumbsup.gif

Awesome! I will set mine tomorrow
1f604.png
ya.gif

Lavender Ameraucanas and Lavender Orpingtons here.
Great!

I'm in, just set some Br, Rir, and blrw lf in a friends bator =) plus a couple bantam mixes I'm not collecting for swaps
wink.png
wee.gif

I just set 5 eggs about 20 min. ago here is a pic of them. Just barn yard mixes.
Good luck.

How awesome is this!!! I set 24 Mottled Orps this morning at 6am PST. :)
Very awesome!!

wee.gif
I will be setting 13 super Bama-eggs under a broody tomorrow morning first thing!
jumpy.gif
Cool.

I going to set a few eggs tonight, 6-8 CL eggs. I just rehomed my CL male so I need to get a last few eggs set to get some of his offspring. I will post back once they are in the bator and number tallied.
Thanks.

Looks like Im only setting 6 CL eggs, the 2 pullets I wanted to hatch from didn't lay today.

6eggs is good though, I already have 21 almost 4week old CL chicks in the brooder as well as another 26 BPR eggs in the bator on day 4 and 8 Midget white turkey eggs also on day 4. So much for less hatching and more relaxing year
th.gif
Same here.

Doing a Zodiac hatch along sounds interesting. I just placed some Frizzled Olive Eggers and Swedish Flower in the incubator. This will also be my first time incubating eggs. Crossing my fingers for a successful hatch
smile.png
NIce.

My brown and Isabel leghorns are I'm the incubator.
smile.png
Sound good. I've had black and white leghorns. One black went broody often. Actually, back in the day, we often had broody whites.

I've never had a broody leghorn. Had a broody golden comet once, but that's the only production type breed I've ever had actually brood. Now my English orpingtons? Those are brooding machines!

Back
Top Bottom