Small Town Alberta Bylaw Change

Kelly Dalton

Hatching
Aug 24, 2015
Recently had the bylaw changed in our 800 population village. A delegation presented to our town council showing examples of bylaws passed in other villages, cities, and towns in the province. After several meetings with town council and several suggested changes to the bylaw, it was passed. This year is a trial year. 15 permits were issued for the year that require a permit and Coop inspection. 5 chickens allowed per household. An advantage to this being passed is I sit on our Town Council and approved of the project from the start. If you have questions on how the process was started, passed and finished, please feel free to message me. I sat on both sides of the fence, so to speak, and can assist with insight on changing laws in your community to include chickens. We are having so much fun with ours.

Recently had the bylaw changed in our 800 population village. A delegation presented to our town council showing examples of bylaws passed in other villages, cities, and towns in the province. After several meetings with town council and several suggested changes to the bylaw, it was passed. This year is a trial year. 15 permits were issued for the year that require a permit and Coop inspection. 5 chickens allowed per household. An advantage to this being passed is I sit on our Town Council and approved of the project from the start. If you have questions on how the process was started, passed and finished, please feel free to message me. I sat on both sides of the fence, so to speak, and can assist with insight on changing laws in your community to include chickens. We are having so much fun with ours.

Hi.
Do you have any documents you can share on this.
I live in Saskatchewan and want to get our bylaws changed.
Thank you

What town is this? We are looking to buy and can’t find a list of towns that allow chickens- we have 12 now but want to keep 4 once we move.

What town is this? We are looking to buy but want to take 4 of our hens with us. I have been unable to find a list of communities which allow backyard hens. So far I have Bashaw, Millet, Rocky Mtn House, Tilley, Mundare, Myrna and Wood Buffalo. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, I live in the Town of Bashaw Alberta, we unfortunately have a CEO who is very difficult to deal with. I can never get a straight answer form her. Where could O confirm my towns law on chickens thank you

Back
Top Bottom