February 2017 Hatch-a-long

SunHwaKwon

Crowing
6 Years
Jul 19, 2015
North Central Florida
I didn't see a February thread so I thought I'd start one. I'll be setting some Marans and Marans x BR (sexlinks) and Marans x RIR (Blue Belles) eggs on the 2nd. I have a bunch of hatchery chicks shipping on the 22nd so this way they will all be approximately the same age and I can sell some of my own chicks as well as extras from the order.

Who else will be hatching eggs in February?

I just set 9 Blue/Black/Splash Swedish Duck eggs a couple days ago. So we'll be hatching towards the end of Feb. did a quick candling today & so far I can see Germinal disk development in them all. It's my first time hatching duck eggs.

I am also.....I have 19 Welsh/Buff and Welsh/Saxony eggs due to hatch on February 20th......

So exciting....i only snuck peaks at a few eggs, although I am candling all tonight....So far the ones I did check look great!!!

Best of luck to all of us!!!

Cheers!

I want to join!!!

I have 44 eggs that were set on 1/29 - a mix of a bunch of breeds Green, blue, light brown, dark brown, and some tinted eggs.

I have a dozen eggs that should arrive today - Super Blue egg layers

I also ordered some silkie/sizzle eggs from ebay....they had GREAT reviews and these are some of the parent birds:

!B5EwDowEGk~$(KGrHqF,!h0EycMsRT!mBMsQ-Zo!Hw~~_12.JPG
s-l1600.jpg
s-l500.jpg

Let's all hope for great hatches!!!

I want to join!!!

I have 44 eggs that were set on 1/29 - a mix of a bunch of breeds Green, blue, light brown, dark brown, and some tinted eggs.

I have a dozen eggs that should arrive today - Super Blue egg layers

I also ordered some silkie/sizzle eggs from ebay....they had GREAT reviews and these are some of the parent birds:

Let's all hope for great hatches!!!

It sounds like you have the hatching bug! I went through that last year lol. Good luck!

I went ahead and set mine just now instead of waiting until tomorrow since the chicks will be shipping on the 22nd anyway.

4 Marans x BR
4 Marans x RIR
9 Marans

Last edited:
Hi y'all haven't been about for awhile. This evening I find myself setting 6 Bresse x Copper Moran.
My Cochin mutt seems to want to go broody, but she always eats or pushes aside any Bresse eggs, so...
We'll see what shows up by March.
[/IMG]
Pic is my broody "mutt" roo in background and I believe is Australorp in foreground.

Been too long, how do I find incubation info? Forgot what day to candle to check for veining.
Despite battery issue eggs still smell o.k.
Too cold to risk candling after dark. May just have to wait.
1f60e.png

Last edited:
I am also.....I have 19 Welsh/Buff and Welsh/Saxony eggs due to hatch on February 20th......

So exciting....i only snuck peaks at a few eggs, although I am candling all tonight....So far the ones I did check look great!!!

Best of luck to all of us!!!

Cheers!

Those are ducks, right?

Yes, Ducks......Ooops is this only for Chickens?
I also have 10 Chicken eggs under my Broody Chicken Hen due on February 16th......Mix breeds........

Cheers!

Last edited:
I have 42 eggs in my new Genesis 20 barnyard mix and 22 Lavender Orpingtons they are due February 20

Back
Top Bottom