February 2017 Hatch-a-long

I will join! I just set 22 eggs out of a mixed group I bought off craigslist from New Jersey. There are a couple of really dark maran colored eggs, several blue/green, a very tiny bantam (I know sh said she has mille fluer so maybe from tthat. Yay! It's been three years since I've hatched chickies :)

I'm here. 20 developing sulmtaller eggs in my gqf hatcher on day 14 and 36 ready to be put in today. I am planning to put eggs in every 2 weeks with a slight overlap. Want about 100 this year.

I've done it this way for a bit, you just need to turn down the humidity for a little to let the air sacks catch up.

Taking them out gives me more room to set more eggs. Take 20 out, put 20 in. That sort of thing. Those things are my money makers and feed my flock, so the more I can set at a time, the better. Then I can just hold the humidity level. With my chickens I dry incubate, but with the guineas I really can't go lower than about 35%. Then in my hatcher I can have my humidity up to 70% and after a batch is done I can clean up goop and such. My neighbor staggers hatches all in his one incubator and that thing gets so nasty. I'm not a clean freak but it gets pretty gross by the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom