Bold butt near vent up too chest

boomercide

Songster
Nov 2, 2015
Chatham ny
My chickens butt on the underside of her is bold it is not red or swollen but just completely bare she seems fine running around eating and being a chicken bits there is no feathers starting by her vent up too about her chest please help what could this be!!!

Can you tell us a bit more? There are several reasons she may be bald at this point, and understanding the situation a bit more can help narrow down the cause.
How old is the bird? Is she now or has she recently been broody? Have you checked her over for signs of external parasites? Have you noticed any odd accumulations of feathers in/around the coop that would account for the missing feathers? Have you noticed her picking at herself excessively recently? How long has she been in this state?

She is only 2 years old she has not been broody she has already malted and grown back feathers from her malt there is no blood in the bold spot I don't see any singes of bugs the missing feathers I don't see but could be becouse we have a rat problem so I'm sure they are steeling the feathers just had pest control come yesterday too get rid of my rats they have a good size pen but they only have a small spot shoveld out for them becouse of all the snow hear so it's not too big of an area right now all the other birds have all there feathers and show no Singh of this ether her vent I looked at is clear and open

Look very, very closely at the skin around her vent. Do you see lice crawling around?

Does she have a yellow and white crust of poop on her butt?

Does she sleep on a roost? Is the roost rough or smooth, and how big is it? Or does she sleep on the ground? Have you gobe out to the coop at night with a flashlight and checked for mites crawling on the perches and up the legs of the chickens?

The roost is smooth and she roost every night she dose not sleep on the ground or in the box the roost is 2x2 in size when I noticed the bird being bald I did look close at her and did not see any bugs on her during the day but I have not looked at the roost at night with a flashlight too see if there where any bugs on it at night

Is this hen's bald butt red and irritated looking? Normal standard chicken skin is white or yellow.

Are there any rough pin feathers poking out of the bald skin? If so, are they random or uniform? (hit or miss or all over the bald area)

Does this hen have a dirty butt, encrusted with whitish and yellowish poop?

There is no crusted or yellow poo stuck too her butt at all she is clean the skin is it's normal yellow looking color maybe an ever so light tint of red she has the dimple spots where the feathers go all over looking uniform her bottom looks as if you where too pluck her with he dimples

Back
Top Bottom