hatching

I have a chick that pip and zipped this morning and was chirping ,but it still has not hatched and has not moved or chirped for hours!! is it dead or resting!!! other eggs have not pip yet and its day 22.

So it started to zip and then stopped? In that case it needs help to finish. Whenever they stop during a zip it means they're stuck. You can finish the zip for it.

Can you also tell me what date you set your eggs, and what your temperature has been? And whether your incubator is still air or forced air?

Can you post a picture? Is it just stuck in the middle of the zip?

Have you calibrated the thermometer to be sure it's reading accurately? Late hatches are caused by low temperatures. Also, how has your humidity been?

yes temp read perfect and humidity is perfect as well.it zipped this morning after it piped and was chirping very loud but then it just stopped 6 hours ago

yes temp read perfect and humidity is perfect as well.it zipped this morning after it piped and was chirping very loud but then it just stopped 6 hours ago

So if it's stuck in the middle of a zip, you can just finish the zip for it and get it out of the shell.

What humidity did you use? I ask because you say that you have no others hatching yet, and if you've calibrated your temps and know those are perfect, then there's a chance that the others are DIS. And the most common cause of chicks being DIS late in incubation is too high or too low humidity.

ok I helped but it was dead :( but the other 3 are piping now so now I know to help them out when they zip and get get out.thanks for the help. I hope the rest make if not I have a Hen on 10 eggs as well.

Back
Top Bottom