Murray City, UT is considering allowing chickens!!!

h8snags

Songster
10 Years
Feb 23, 2011
Murray, UT
I am so excited! There is an online survey you can take to give your opinion on allowing chickens in Murray!
yesss.gif
Currently Salt Lake County allows them, however Murray City has said no. They understand there is a rising interest in raising chickens, so they are asking the public for their opinions. Hopefully there will be an overwhelming demand to have the law changed, gotta start somewhere!! So if you live here in Murray, please take the time to fill out the survey on their website... http://www.murray.utah.gov
There will be another open house at Murray High School on March 26, 2013 from 6pm to 8pm.

Thank you so much for your time!!!
big_smile.png

My wife and I are looking to purchase a house in Murray and I just started doing some searches to see if chickens were in violation of any city ordinances.

So bummed to see that they are against code. :-(

What is the status of this? Have there been any more updates? Is there anything else I can do to help if/when we go through with purchasing our place?

-Dan

Murray is bringing this issue back to the City Council on October 13th 2016 for a vote. Please come to the council meeting to show your support for allowing chickens in residential lots. Please check the Murray City Council Agenda;s in the next few days for more information.

Back
Top Bottom