Lee's Summit, MO - Ordinance amendments

HenAndNow

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 20, 2013
City Council activity here in Lee's Summit, MO:
The Economic Development Council voted last night to send ordinance amendments to the full City Council. When approved, I will be able to keep up to six hens as long as the coop is 40 feet from the neighbors' houses. (an improvement from the current 400 ft.)

It will be important for all the local supporters to make the meeting. It still looks to be a close vote on the issue. I think I know of 3 aye votes, 1 definite no, and 1 on the fence. I'm unsure of the 3 other council members' positions, nor do I know how the Mayor might vote in the event of a tie breaker.

The date and time has yet tbd, but I will post again when I find out.

Also see:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/636277/new-to-byc-hello-from-lees-summit-mo
for a lot of good background on how this has been taking shape.

Last edited:
Thank you for keeping us up-to-date on this. I was unable to make the meeting last night, but I'll do my level best to make my wishes known and be there in person next time!

Thank you for keeping us up-to-date on this. I was unable to make the meeting last night, but I'll do my level best to make my wishes known and be there in person next time!
You're welcome! I hope everyone spreads the word ahead of the meeting. I don't think there is any new information to add, but the turnout can only help.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom