I'm getting the itch. Anyone want to hatch some eggs?

sepaditty1

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
South Carolina
I feel like it has just been too long since I've hatched any eggs. This weekend I will start some. I'm planning on starting them on Saturday night. That way I should be able to be home to watch them hatch.

These will be Barnyard Mix/Anything Could Happen eggs.

I ordered some fertile eggs from Meyer, but they won't be here until the 19th - 21st. Or I'd join you! This will be my 1st attempt, and from what I'm reading I don't think I should get my hopes up with shipped eggs.

My first hatch was with shipped eggs. Got 5 out of 9.

I learned a little too late that you should let them rest 24 hours with the big end up before you start. I was convinced that nothing would hatch. So I was happy to get 5.

You can still join when you start yours.

I set 17 red dorking eggs last night and 4 beat up bielefelder this morning. I also set 7 of my barnyard mutts last night as a control group since the rest were shipped. They are resting peacefully as we speak. I plan to turn on the auto turner Sunday morning. I am going to be disciplined this time and not candle until Thursday. I mean it this time ;)

I set 17 red dorking eggs last night and 4 beat up bielefelder this morning. I also set 7 of my barnyard mutts last night as a control group since the rest were shipped. They are resting peacefully as we speak. I plan to turn on the auto turner Sunday morning. I am going to be disciplined this time and not candle until Thursday. I mean it this time
wink.png
May the Force be with you!
big_smile.png

My first hatch was with shipped eggs. Got 5 out of 9.

I learned a little too late that you should let them rest 24 hours with the big end up before you start. I was convinced that nothing would hatch. So I was happy to get 5.

You can still join when you start yours.

5 of 9 is still pretty hood on shipped eggs. What kind of bator are you using?

I just finished a set last Friday... My wife would divorce me if I started one this weekend.

Guess I'll have to wait until................................... the 19th

Back
Top Bottom