Meyer Hatchery shipping. Grrrrr

Scatterknit

Songster
6 Years
Feb 20, 2013
Georgia
They've always shipped my chicks overnight from Ohio to Georgia to get here in a day. I ordered baby ducks, they charged me $56 just for shipping and they have put those poor babies in priority mail from California to Georgia. I probably won't get them for the full 3 days if not longer. They were sent out last night. Teaching shows they are still in California.

That is just cruel. In this heat?!! Even their customer service agent acknowledged that she was surprised they didn't shop them overnight since they were coming from California.

The fact that there is a 48 hour guarantee doesn't excuse cruelty.

I went through the same thing with McMurray Hatchery and they are just 10 hours from me. They shipped birds to my rural location over the weekend (and then their agent lied about it). I got 3 live chicks out of an order of 18 - 17 plus their free cockerel. :(
Keep in mind that tracking is not always updated as fast as it should be. I will be thinking good thoughts for your birds.

The 27th of June was a Friday. The birds didn't arrive at my local post office until Monday, the 30th. That's four days in transport and that's a death sentence.

Last edited:
I've ordered from Ideal multiple times and always got healthy, hardy chicks.
What made me so mad about McMurray (besides the loss of 15 innocent lives) was their agent lying to me about when they were shipped AND trying to get me to agree to allow them to ship me more over a holiday weekend! I know of no other hatchery that ships on a weekend.

This is so horrible to hear. I'm sorry this happened!! I just happened to get an order of chicks from Meyer today. First time I have ever ordered chicks through the mail, in fact. They arrived less than 24 hours from the time I ordered, I wasn't expected to get them until tomorrow. I hope they step up and make things right. You may try leaving something on their Facebook page.

I have got chicks from Meyers 2 times and both times I went and picked mine up, I live close enough to drive and after listening to the horror stories about them being shipped I don't have the heart to have them shipped. Good luck hope all is well!

The ducklings are probably coming from Metzer and you would have been better off ordering directly from them. Metzer is a backyardchicken sponsor. I got ducklings from them last year. They arrived in VA in 2 days.

They didn't arrive today - apparently they left at 3:00 yesterday. I'm hoping they come tomorrow. Poor babies.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom