New babies

wchumbler

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 9, 2012

My new babies, just a couple weeks old. Q Olive Egger, 1 Maran, 1 Red Production and 4 Ameraucanas or EE (either is fine). I just really hope these are all hens.

Your chicks are adorable but too young to sex accurately from a picture. I suggest posting their pictures again in about 3 weeks. We should be able to tell for sure by then.

It is too young to tell gender on most of them. However, your Production Red actually appears to be a Red Sex-link. If that is the case, then it is a definite pullet due to her coloring.

Too young to tell. I"m not seeing any definite rooster signs, but that doesn't mean that they are pullets.

if you had them around a day old, you could've been able to tell by their wings, but their feathers are already grown in. Around a month old, even around a month and a half, if some have their combs and wattles coming in, they are most likely male.

if you had them around a day old, you could've been able to tell by their wings, but their feathers are already grown in. Around a month old, even around a month and a half, if some have their combs and wattles coming in, they are most likely male.

That is not necessarily true - feather sexing is only accurate with specific crosses that produce the wing feathering you are thinking of. The genetics involved in making it a reliable method of gender ID are such that not just any chick can be accurately sexed in this way.

That is not necessarily true - feather sexing is only accurate with specific crosses that produce the wing feathering you are thinking of. The genetics involved in making it a reliable method of gender ID are such that not just any chick can be accurately sexed in this way.
x2

Thanks everyone. Im just tickled with all of these, and hoping for hens. I'll see in about 4 to 5 months

Back
Top Bottom