Papa's Poultry Review

Autumn Leaves

Songster
5 Years
Aug 31, 2014
Cincinnati Ohio
I ordered some Orphington hatching eggs from Papa's Poultry this month and he is AMAZING. It was my first time incubating so this was new to me.

His communication was great and very prompt. I asked about some Chocolate Orphs and he added them to my order. Payed with paypal, it was easy. Shipping was fast and held at the post office. Arrived exactly when expected.

I ordered 3 Lemon Cuckoo, 3 Lavender, 3 Chocolate and 6 BBS. All eggs were intact on delivery and I got extras. Packaging was amazing. Eggs were labeled by color of chicks. Total of 3 were found to be scrambled by post office (not his fault). The rest are in the process of hatching now. 4 are completely hatched.

I also ordered 6 Australorps from Ebay, placed in the same incubator and all were a dud.

I am so happy I ordered some Light Sussex eggs from him to arrive tomorrow. I took advantage of one of his flash sales on Facebook. Once again he had prompt and great communication.

To sum it up: Fast shipping, great seller, cute chicks!

Pictures to follow when I put them in the brooder.

Of the 15 ordered from Papa's Poultry I got 9 to hatch on their own and I assisted one. I think that is a really good rate for a first time hatcher and shipped eggs.

My light sussex eggs are here and in perfect condition. I'll post my results with them in a month :)

Ordered chicks from him the other day. Got what I ordered and he threw in 3 surprise chicks. (Pretty awesome!!:)) they showed up on time all alive and doing well. I really enjoyed doing business with him and plan to do more in the near future!

Thank you so much for posting this. I have in the past bought eggs on Ebay and had very poor hatching (1 in 24) I was looking at Papas because he has some birds with pun plumage but was a little leary after my bad experience with shipped eggs before. Much appreciate hearing feedback, makes me a more confident in the product.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom