Someone won't stop spamming

RogerTheChicken

Songster
6 Years
May 17, 2014
there is a person in the chicken behavior and egg laying thread and they keep posting ads about their hypnosis voodoo clinic, how can we get rid of the spam?

It just bothers me because I can't post something in that geoup because they keep it packed with their spam and it pushes mine down

This is being worked on. We get to them as fast as we see them.
Remember, we are not here 24/7. If you see something you think is spam do the following

• NEVER click on the links they provide
  • NEVER reply to their thread
  • ALWAYS use the report button in ONE of their posts. No need to report EACH post. One per username is enough. We get them all in one fell swoop.

We appreciate your help in finding the spammers. Please don't feed them and don't acknowledge them.

This is being worked on. We get to them as fast as we see them.
Remember, we are not here 24/7. If you see something you think is spam do the following

• NEVER click on the links they provide
  • NEVER reply to their thread
  • ALWAYS use the report button in ONE of their posts. No need to report EACH post. One per username is enough. We get them all in one fell swoop.

We appreciate your help in finding the spammers. Please don't feed them and don't acknowledge them.
Thanks

That spam is driving me nuts too, I have reported it but, they come up with different names. They also post in the New Members forum and tie that up.
barnie.gif
What pathetic lives they must live to think that spamming is such fun.

Last edited:
Thanks guys I don't no if your talking about the ads someone keeps posting like on mine but I hate it

Thanks guys I don't no if your talking about the ads someone keeps posting like on mine but I hate it
Sometimes people join on to BYC to leave advertisement all over the forums. That is spam. The ads you see on the side bar and on top of the page is paid for advertisement and is supposed to be there.

BUT....If you get yourself a GFM, a Golden Feather Membership, you can turn all those ads off!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/byc-memberships-help-support-backyardchickens-gfm-ppm

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom