6+ Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Test Eggs

LovinMyPeeps

Sees Wine Dots
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Heuvelton, NY
Up for grabs on this auction are 6+ test eggs from the best of my BLRW's. I have been testing my own eggs, but I'd like to send a few out just to make sure. These are from my best rooster over my 4 best hens. The roo is blue and the hens are 2 blue and 2 splash. My birds are from some of the nicest private stock including Foley and Sterling lines. I will send the extras laid over this weekend. They lay 2-3 on average per day. I've been running 100% fertility on these birds in both test eggs and eggs in my incubator. I am NPIP certified in the state of NY.

Although I do a very thorough job packing, but I cannot be held responsible for damage done by the post office. Shipping is $12 priority mail. I will insure the package if you are willing to pay for it.

Thanks for looking!

25649_lily_white_grows_up_039.jpg

25649_samhain_chickens_009.jpg

Hi,
I just bid on your test eggs. I have a brand-new Sportsman with all the digital controls. I have hatched at least 20+ dozen shipped eggs. The Sportsman is pretty much plug and play. I do know the best way to package eggs is the way "Bargain" packages her eggs. You can see this (I think) on her BYC page. She wraps each egg in small bubble wrap, then wraps the whole lot in big bubble wrap, and places in small box. She then wraps that box in huge bubble wrap and makes sure there is no room for movement and places it in the bigger box, making sure the packing is tight. I think the bigger box makes the difference, as a tiny box even with the very nice egg styrafoam does not seem to hatch out at well as the larger box. Also, it has been suggested to me to increase the protein in your hens diet, which firms up the egg whites, making for a more stable inner egg. Just some thoughts on the shipped eggs, for the best results. I have only shipped test eggs myself, but the hatch was about 75%, so better than most of the hatches I get from others. If I win, I will be glad to give you all the details. Maybe I can ship you back some eggs and see how it goes. I still am very reluctant to ship eggs, since so many of them fail. I think I will stick to shipping chicks most of the time. I plan to (first time ever) ship a half grown rooster, I sure hope he makes it okay, I am attached to him and don't want him to suffer any. I need the recipe for "Shipping Jello", to get him nourished. Good luck with your auction! I hope I win!

Quote:
Shipping fertile eggs is an old hat for Kristen. She's a pro, just so you know.

Gorgeous birds Kristen! Would you believe that in just a few days, my Brinsea 380 will be completely empty? Like I need an excuse to fill it!
big_smile.png
droolin.gif

Um, this isn't Lovins first go 'round with shipping eggs. And she knows how to feed them properly. I can assure you that you won't find birds better taken care of or loved hardly anywhere. Bid with confidence on these.

OK well, I am not changing there diet so I guess I'll just put that up front. These are organically fed free range birds. I have great success with how I wrap my eggs and although I am not familiar with how bargain wraps hers, I will wrap as I always have. I also use bubble wrap and have not had a single egg break in transit. It's your choice if you decide to continue to bid. Have a nice weekend.

wow--just wow--great auction again K!

I can vouch for how well Lovins packs and ships her eggs-you need a good hour to unpack those suckers!!!! they are in my bator now!-and the feed-those birds eat better than all of us put together!
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom