Lots of names!
Edited by joeynumber1 - 1/8/09 at 2:23pm
1. Marshmallo, a black & white bantam, she is also known as Marshy or Mama Marsh because she REALLY enjoys hatching eggs
2. Mr. Peppers, a white bantam roo, named because he was peeping the whole way home as a baby, then we found out that he was a roo. So Peepers became Mr. Peepers
3. Squirty, a black bantam, it looked like she had squirts of yellow on her when she was a baby
4. Snickers, a cream colored bantam with black & white spots, named after origanal*
5. Squeaky, a black, white, and rust colored bantam roo, named because he was peeping NONSTOP!!
6. Mocha, a blackish brown and white colored bantam, named because when she was a baby, her fluffy down looked just like the color of mocha. She is now a blackish brown color with white. She is still very cute. Right now, our little Mocha, who isn't even a year old yet, is brooding 12 of her own eggs! Apparently, the chickens are a little confused. They are supposed to hatch eggs in the sping or summer. Not winter!!!!
7. Lavender, a Red NH, I thought it was a cute name. What do you think?
8. Hawk, a Red NH, when you look her straight in the eye, she looks like a hawk. It can be a girl name to!
9. Lilac, a Red NH, again, I thought it was a cute name for her
10. Pumkin, a cream & dark brown stripped Amaracauna, she was, and still is, the sweetest little chicken I have ever seen!
11. Strippes, a dark cream & black stripped Amaracauna, when she was little, Strippes had a long brown strippe down her back
12. Cricket, a dark brownish color and black RIR (Rhode Island Red), when she was born, (she was born at my house) Cricky had a little visitor. A baby cricket
13. Applesauce, a lighter tan colored RIR, Cricky's sister (so she was also born at my house) and she is both the "Pecked" and the "Pecker" in the group
14.Golden, a regular colored RIR, she had a little speck of gold on the top of her head when she was younger
15. Tanner, a regular colored RIR, I was 8 when I named some of these girls! Tanner was a cute name and she is so sweet. She just recently passed away.
16. Clemintine, a Barred Rock hen with a demented comb, when she was about a year old, she went missing. Then my dog found her inbetween the wall and a bail of hay! My mom and I were surprised that she walked away alive! But, she did bring something with her that will remind her for the rest of her life what happened on that terrible day. Her once perfectly straight comb is now bent to one side. Poor baby!
17. Big Red, a HUGE RIR roo, he is big and he is red!
18. Sophie, a little Barred Rock hen, (I hope!) she is SOOOOO cute!
19. Maya, another little Barred Rock hen, (again, I hope!), Maya and Sophie, who are sisters, were hatched by Marshy. I told you she is a good mommy!
* The origanal Snickers was my mom's favorite chicken of all time. She was VERY sweet. When winter rolled around and Snicky got thirsty, she went to our fairly deep horse bucket since her normal bucket was empty. When she did that, she fell in and froze to death. When we got the "new and improved" Snicky, we thought she was going to look like the first one. She doesn't look a tiny bit like the origanal. But, a good thing is that this new Snicky has the same sweetness in her heart! My mom and I still grieve over our lost friend, but this new improvment to the family has kept us from falling apart.