BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade › Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing › Bantam Frizzle Cochin hens (2) 1 year old
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bantam Frizzle Cochin hens (2) 1 year old

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

 

I have two bantam Frizzle Cochins. They are adorable little nuggets of fluff. Changing city codes, plus one wandering chicken lost to a neighboring dog, have made us give away our flock. I am looking for a home for them. They are one year old, and lay perfect, pale miniature eggs. I'm in Northern Illinois. Willing to meet if not too far. I cannot ship. In the picture, they are the highest one, and the right one. Super fluffy.

post #2 of 9

:love:loveThey are GORGEOUS  I wish I lived in your area to get them.

May I ask where you got them

Did you order them?

 

BCP

post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbelles View Post
 

 

I have two bantam Frizzle Cochins. They are adorable little nuggets of fluff. Changing city codes, plus one wandering chicken lost to a neighboring dog, have made us give away our flock. I am looking for a home for them. They are one year old, and lay perfect, pale miniature eggs. I'm in Northern Illinois. Willing to meet if not too far. I cannot ship. In the picture, they are the highest one, and the right one. Super fluffy.

 

Sorry that you're having to give away your flock!  How far are you from St. Louis?

Love my family...8 ducks, 4 cats, 2 dogs, a boyfriend, grown-up son & BYC lamps!

Check out new BYC photo contest:

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1124563/official-byc-contest-post-your-best-poultry-dust-bathing-pics/0_30  

Helpful general duck info for newbies:  http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/256233/ducks-sticky-topics-index

Link to Metzer duck breed comparison chart:  http://www.metze...

Reply

Love my family...8 ducks, 4 cats, 2 dogs, a boyfriend, grown-up son & BYC lamps!

Check out new BYC photo contest:

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1124563/official-byc-contest-post-your-best-poultry-dust-bathing-pics/0_30  

Helpful general duck info for newbies:  http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/256233/ducks-sticky-topics-index

Link to Metzer duck breed comparison chart:  http://www.metze...

Reply
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
I am quite north. The Wisconsin border is like, ten miles from me. I cannot meet halfway to St. Louis sad.png
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbelles View Post

I am quite north. The Wisconsin border is like, ten miles from me. I cannot meet halfway to St. Louis sad.png

 

I knew it was a long shot.  I can't think of any members that I know in your area.  There's probably an IL and WI thread.  Have you tried posting there?

Love my family...8 ducks, 4 cats, 2 dogs, a boyfriend, grown-up son & BYC lamps!

Check out new BYC photo contest:

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1124563/official-byc-contest-post-your-best-poultry-dust-bathing-pics/0_30  

Helpful general duck info for newbies:  http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/256233/ducks-sticky-topics-index

Link to Metzer duck breed comparison chart:  http://www.metze...

Reply

Love my family...8 ducks, 4 cats, 2 dogs, a boyfriend, grown-up son & BYC lamps!

Check out new BYC photo contest:

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1124563/official-byc-contest-post-your-best-poultry-dust-bathing-pics/0_30  

Helpful general duck info for newbies:  http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/256233/ducks-sticky-topics-index

Link to Metzer duck breed comparison chart:  http://www.metze...

Reply
post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Boom- we got them as chicks from the Tractor Supply. We knew they wee bantams, then some of them grew in curly smile.png
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
They now have a new home with a lovely family. Thanks for the interest!
post #8 of 9

I am up by Gurnee and just saw your post. Glad you found them a home.  :)

8 Buff Orps, 17 Black Aust, 4 Leghorns, a lot of Barred Rocks, 13 babies running about
Reply
8 Buff Orps, 17 Black Aust, 4 Leghorns, a lot of Barred Rocks, 13 babies running about
Reply
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbelles View Post

Boom- we got them as chicks from the Tractor Supply. We knew they wee bantams, then some of them grew in curly smile.png

TRACTOR SUPPLY!!!!!!

:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep

Did you by any chance ask what hatchery they used? Mine uses McMurray Hatchery while others use Ideal.

 

BCP

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade › Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing › Bantam Frizzle Cochin hens (2) 1 year old