Good Morning Kiki! I am south of Fulshear and out of danger. For now we are sticking to 59 to get anywhere. Back roads are being closed right and left. Ken works in Stafford and has to travel 59 to get home. I just want him on this side of the Brazos tonight!
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching
Last edited: 10/12/16
- Hatching Eggs And Raising ChicksLast edited: 12/10/15
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
- Hatching Eggs And Raising Chicks
Texas - Page 3893
My brother is in Greatwood and he thinks he is safe with that big high hill next to the river.....I'm hoping he is right!
Edited by KikisGirls - 6/2/16 at 6:54am
Shadow, I am so sorry for the pain you are having. My sister-in-law has the same thing. You are in my prayers.
On the happy news, CONGRATS!! That is exciting. A neighbor down the road moved in a mobile home. He took the siding off and bricked it and then put a metal roof on it. What a difference it makes. I think it will last longer. He did the work himself. We would drive by and wonder what in the world is he doing.
Thank you both! I can't wait. I am so ready to be done with renting and bad neighbors who let their dog run everywhere and bite me and I can't do anything about it. At least out there I can fire a shot without care, or let me dogs do what they have been wanting to. So tired of this little ankle biter! Also ready to have chickens again so bad! And I have cow neighbors! Haha
Shadow, cows are good! We are blessed to have them on 3 sides of us. Good for the chickens too!! Are you sure you can't get a couple of chickens now???? Good stress therapy. (Yes, I am an enabler)
Lisa, what kind do you have?
Chickens that is!
I don't have cows (yet). I have 3 Easter Eggers (one is a rooster), 3 Speckled Sussex, 3 Australorps. Recently I had chicks hatched. One is an Easter Egger, the other 3 I believe are Easter Eggers/Sussex.
What are you raising Kiki?
I'm not really sure yet! lol
I'm a newbie. I was suppose to order exactly what I wanted but instead when I went to buy my horses feed two weeks ago I picked up 8 chicks at the feed store.
I'm being told that I may have 4 California Whites, 3 Barred Rocks or Cuckoo Marans and one EE!
I have upload a few pics on my profile if you want to give me your input! THX
Kiki, I will leave the breeds of your chickens up to the experts.
I wish I could have some! I have three quail instead haha. But I have big plans for my property.
There is a 36'x32' Layer chicken yard with a layer coop built out of a recycled camper. An area for a pool, then a 8'x16' pigeon aviary, a 12'x16' patio, and a 4'x16' pond next to it all in the back yard.
Now 20' in front of the house is where all the pens, shop, kennels, coops, barn and garden are.
There will be a 20'x40' car and tool shop for clay, with a 12' wide carport extension from the shop, next to that is the 56'x32' garden. Now behind the garden and shop we have quail and rabbit pens. There will be 12 pens that are 12'x16', these are the doe pens, they will house a pair of does and their kits till they are sold or old enough to butcher. There will be 6 buck pens that are 8'x12' to house a single buck. As for the quail pens there will be 6 that are 4'x8' and 9 that are 8'x8'. The smaller pens are for special breeds that need to be kept on pairs or trios, while the larger are for growing to butcher/sale and for coturnix quail colonies.
Across from these is the poultry house, and the dog kennels. There are two storage rooms in the poultry co-op that are 4'x8', one is for supply storage, and the other is for a brooder and incubator room. There are 8 coops, all 4'x8' in size. Each one contains a different breed of chicken, and two are used for turkeys and ducks. The chickens have runs that will be 32'x8', while the turkeys and ducks will have a run that is 32'x16'. The dog kennels are in their own little building that connects to the back yard. There are a total of 9 kennels. 4 are for female dogs that will be getting bred and are larger, they will be 8'x12'. 5 kennels are 8'x8' and these will be for stud dogs or boarders if I need to watch anyone's dogs or do some fostering. There is also a bathing area/storage area that is 8'x12'.
Last but not least is the sheep and goat barn, it will be 28'x40', with a 12'x24' storage area for hay, feed, and other misc for the goats, sheep, quail, and rabbits. The other space in the barn is for the goats and sheep, it will have two doors that lead to two separate pastures, each being 138'x65', so that we can rotate pastures to give the grass a rest.
- › What is this chicken thinking? 5 seconds ago
- › *sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em) 22 seconds ago
- › I can not find where to post? 1 minute ago
- › Topic of the Week - Feeding Chickens - What to feed and when? 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 2 minutes ago
- › UK Member Please SAy HI 3 minutes ago
- › This is a rooster, right?? 3 minutes ago
- › Pekin Duck Club! 5 minutes ago
- › HELP! 5 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 5 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Metro Boston
- › Mia HammAndEggs & her sisters
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House