Now, I don't have any stores around here that sell fertilized eggs so I am going to take a risk and buy a couple different brands of free-range organic eggs. I figure it will be fun to see what happens and I have read of people having success with this.
So if you would like to join me you can buy fertilized store eggs, or like me, some that simply say "free-range organic." From what I have read the best results come from eggs you ask the store employees to get from the back because the fresher the better, or you can just look at the exp. date and pick the freshest ones. Users have also suggested buying eggs from the farmers market. The point is to see how many eggs we can hatch from eggs that weren't intended to be hatched.
It's cheep and will be fun to see how many hatch. So who's in?
Just updated to say you can still join in!
* me- fertile brown eggs from super1 (6/10)
* what did I do- fertile eggs from trader joes (6/10)
* Aschenfire- fertile eggs from whole foods
* WinklerFarms- local store that carries local eggs from Amish (5/26)
* wingstone- store bought fertile eggs
* somadlyinlove- eggs, unknown if fertile, from whole foods. (5/24- chickens, 5/28- ducks)
* bethann33- unknown if fertile store bought Ameraucana eggs (6/11)
Note- when you set let us know where you got your eggs so I can post it by your name.
Edited by clucknpeck - 6/12/12 at 11:22pm