“Let Me Sing You the Song of My People...”

65C1626F-F250-407B-8ED7-907B2C824588.jpeg
374E3FA8-BD1A-4207-894C-7B9BA7369BF8.jpeg
7D4B359A-A2A4-41C3-BDFF-98040F8BA065.jpeg
He really is a handsome bird!

I bet you his hens seem to think he’s beautiful too.
The egg song is one of my favorite. They sound so excited and proud and of course we are happy about it. My whole flock Joins in every tim time. It’s like a party in there till about 11. Sometimes I think there louder than my rooster

I can’t wait!!

:wootI love their first crows. They’re so cute. It might’ve hurt his ego a little bit but I would just laugh and he would try and practice His crow Your little juvenile is too cute too. I don’t understand how people get annoyed by a rooster crow. I think it’s a beautiful sound. Except when they do it right when you’re walking a couple feet in front of the roost in the morning lol
LOL!! x2!

It reminds me of many years back when my puppy started lifting his leg. My mom and I were hysterical - he was so serious about it. Of course we would steer him over to a bush or tree or fire hydrant and laugh. We didn't know we were creating a monster. After that he started lifting his leg on people he liked. He seemed to like everyone.

Funny,his son tried it once and discovered he was not agile enough to stand on 3 legs.
After that embarassment he just squatted . But he also never peed on anything or anyone.Good boy.

The first time one of our cockerels started to crow, we thought one of our hens was dying a slow and painful death. It was that bad!
My youngest son woke me suddenly several years ago telling me very seriously that something was eating the chickens and they were screaming. I, of course, leapt out of bed, grabbed the broom and went running out to the coop only to discover that it was indeed my new little roo strutting about squawking like some one was dismembering him. Glad those days have progressed into operatic performances instead!! Accompanied by his choir of hens, of course!:love:love

Back
Top Bottom