“Share Helpful Backyard Poultry TIPS” a Random Posting CONTEST Thread ~ Hosts, Mike & Sally

I thought of somthing else!

Fermenting chicken feed:
Place portions of chicken feed into a clean, food- safe dish.
Cover with non- chlorinated water.
stir 2 or 3 times a day and add water as needed
By day three it should be ready to feed to your flock, serve in a shallow dish.

no need for ACV?

Quote: Fermenting chicken feed:
Place portions of chicken feed into a clean, food- safe dish.
Cover with non- chlorinated water.
stir 2 or 3 times a day and add water as needed
By day three it should be ready to feed to your flock, serve in a shallow dish.

no need for ACV?
ACV- apple cider vingar, right?

Before i got my chicks, my freind had me help her with her chickens. This is the way she taught me, she never included it. She explained that if the water goes above the feed that it will not get moldy and that apple cider vinager encourages the creation of alcohol. I never tried it with ACV because of what she told me, I can't give any experience with it...

ok this is how I do it.....

Fermented Feed
NO STRAIN Hot water
EASY Fermented Feed Method
LL

Last edited:
Trying to think... after raising these birds and sticking my toes into incubating and stuff.. the one thing I have learned and hold dearly is that each experience is an opportunity to learn. I had one pullet die on me..... I had a 100 percent hatch.. I had a killing frenzy of eggs.. I had sick chicks and each event brought me to a new knowledge of my ultimate goal.... A lesson I learned from (Just watch and learn) @aart
I agree even the bad things can teach you something.

Take the danger out of obsessive candling and make your own incubator that you can candle the eggs from the outside!!! :)

I built this myself with a little help from my father!! It really has saved many eggs from my clumsy hands!!!
I have 2 or them, incubator has the larger kit and the hatcher Is a tad smaller and helps keep the humidity in better.

Last edited:
Take the danger out of obsessive candling and make your own incubator that you can candle the eggs from the outside!!!
smile.png

I built this myself with a little help from my father!! It really has saved many eggs from my clumsy hands!!!
I have 2 or them, incubator has the larger kit and the hatcher Is a tad smaller and helps keep the humidity in better.
What is this amazing incubator? I love the fact that it is so CLEAR and easy to see! Wow, that is GREAT!

Thank you!! It's my own creation made out of thick acrylic sheets. With a powerful enough heater/ fan/ thermostat combo kit I don't need any other insulation for it! I tried out a few other sizes and this size seemed to both fit an auto turner and hold heat very well! I get to enjoy candling all the time without taking them out constantly!!

Back
Top Bottom