“Share Helpful Backyard Poultry TIPS” a Random Posting CONTEST Thread ~ Hosts, Mike & Sally

The roll off a toilet paper roll makes a biodegradable seed starter kit. Simply fill with dirt and plant your seeds. It can go directly into the ground and you don't have to buy those soil pellets to start your gardens.

Here's a good tip:

Any and every time you are either thinking of buying a coop, or planning to build one, the FIRST thing that should be considered is how easy it is to clean. If it is hard to clean, you will be less likely to do so (or you will resent it). One can enhance predator proofing, add/modify roosts or nest boxes, but usually if it is hard to clean, it is for unfixable structural reasons.

(I just dismantled a small kit coop that I called the Coop of Sadness that was so hard to clean... Hated hated hated it...)

- Ant Farm

Here's a good tip:

Any and every time you are either thinking of buying a coop, or planning to build one, the FIRST thing that should be considered is how easy it is to clean. If it is hard to clean, you will be less likely to do so (or you will resent it). One can enhance predator proofing, add/modify roosts or nest boxes, but usually if it is hard to clean, it is for unfixable structural reasons.

(I just dismantled a small kit coop that I called the Coop of Sadness that was so hard to clean... Hated hated hated it...)

- Ant Farm 

Oh I know. My sister n law bought one for $300 and I tore that piece of crap down and used the bases to reinforce a small baby coop for my 5 week olds.

If you have a narrow glass or vase that you need to clean simply put some hot water and a dash of soap in it and pour some rice in. Cover and shake and spin that rice around for a vase cleaner without buying a long bottle brush.

I do that for the guinea pig water bottles.

Sorry. I've been watching a lot of hacks and my grandma has been verifying that most work. Even giving me a few new ones.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Did you know that applying lime juice to your forehead will reduce the severity of a headache?!
I should try that.

Last edited:
If your like me, you burn instead of tan. Before hitting the beach, take a shallow ice cube tray and fill it with some aloe. Freeze it into cold aloe cubes for fast burn relief.
or just use a motherload of sunblock (redhead-much experience with burns)

Last edited:
or just use a motherload of sunblock (redhead-much experience with burns)

1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
glad I'm not alone. I have that deep auburn almost brown but it's RED folks don't say brown
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
sorry running joke with my husband. He told me to dye it to make it redder. I said NOPE.

Red head, green eyes, 5'2" and I look like a neon fish in ocean water. That's me.

Of you don't want to make the chicken nipple waterers, get the hamster type waterers from the store and hang them up in the coop

Back
Top Bottom