⊰• BEYOND THE MOUNTAINS •⊱ A Fantasy/Adventure RP

Alexis nodded. Despite their differences, she had offered to let him ride and she wouldn't back out of it just because of where he was from. She continued to pet the mare's forehead as she looked back to him

Hannes coughed, a result of the pipe he was currently smoking. "Well that's all fine and great." He rasped, somewhat sarcastically. "Some of us gotta work for a living though. Gunna be late already..." He turned away from the trio and continued walking down the river bank. The logging crew had probably already started work further downstream.

Faolan nodded slowly, watching Hannes walk away with slight frown. He looked back to Piper and Alexis, and it was obvious that he was uncomfortable - he was the outsider that was thought of as crazy. Faolan walked hesitantly, and painfully, towards Alexis and her mare.

"I used to have a mare, much like this one, she was a beautiful creature." He said with a slight, anxious smile, trying to break the silence.

Alexis pet the mare and smiled "My father started breeding them to sell when a traveler looses their horse or needs a new one. This one is my favorite. Her name's Belladonna" She said then looked to him again. She recognized that he was trying to calm them again as well as breaking the silence and accepted that. She wanted to think on the subject before saying anything else herself

Faolan nodded appreciatively, he could easily understand her liking of the mare, it was a fine animal. "I may be in need of a horse if- when I head back to my home." He stated, not realizing that the small amount on gold ingots in an inner pocket of his tonic, while in the highlands would only be able to perches an undesired animal, would be worth far more in the lowlands where they used coins of mixed metals and paper currency. He shivered slightly, jaw clenching against the chill that he had begun to feel from the brisk air.

Alexis looked at him then to Piper and back "Let's get you to the house and warmed up before you catch a chill" She said then looked back to Piper

"Mhmm, follow me." Piper gestured with her arm for them to follow her as she began walking quickly into the forest, seeming to not be as friendly at his mention of the highlands. The road wasn't that far away from the river, they would reach it soon with him on horseback. From the road it was only a mile or two into Enden, and her house was on this side of the small town. "I'll make up a batch of something warm for you, do you like porridge?"

Alexis turned Belladonna to follow Piper as they took Faolin to the road to go to Enden. She remained quiet as she brought the mare through the woods, thinking about what he had said before

Faolan had, with a great deal of effort, not yelled from the spasms of pain in his muscles when he had pulled himself into the mare's saddle. He looked over to Piper at her question, and answered in a subdued tone, "Yes, thank you." Faolan looked off into the forest to their right. It had a strang feeling to it, and the more he thought about it, he relized that it was because of the absents of magic. He was so used to it being present at all times, that the lack of it felt wrong, almost ominous.

Faolan pulled his gave from the forest, and looked ahead of them as the road came into view through the trees. Through he doubted it would still be there, he reached into another pocket of his tonic under the leather armor. To his relief, he felt the leather cording and carved stone attached to it, and pulled it out. Faolan held it in front of himself by the cord, watching the silvery, drop shaped stone shimmer in the dappled light, the runic markings carved deep into it.

Alexis looked back to check on him and noticed the stone. "What is that?" She asked curiously as they walked along and onto the road back to to town. The lack of magic in the woods just felt natural to her so she wasn't afraid. She held the mare's reins lightly since she was well trained and needed little urging to move with her. She looked at the silvery stone with it's odd markings curiously, wondering if it was some kind of spell, accepting that he was from the highlands meant accepting that magic was real and while that was not the easiest thing, she found herself believing

Back
Top Bottom