➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

I have a cute story.

My brother is here for a week or so visiting. He and my parents went to Weston (about 45 min from us) to go shopping. In the middle of the road, they found this little baby wandering about by itself. No parents or siblings in sight. So, being the softhearted guy he his, by brother caught it.

IMG_2963.JPEG

IMG_2965 (1).JPEG

IMG_2967.JPEG

After some research, we are pretty sure it is a Canada Goose gosling. My parents brought it back with them and they were going to try finding a rehaber to take it. Well, my brother had another idea. My parents have a pair of Canada Geese that visit their pond every day and go to a neighbor's pond at night. They disappeared for a while but now have no babies. I think something raided their nest or got their babies. In any case, my brother decided to see if the pair would adopt the baby.

Looks like they did. They are shepherding the baby around and feeding it. So far, so good! It's hard to see the baby in the photos, but the goose is touching the baby in the first picture.
IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG
My brother is calling the baby Nibbles because it bit him. My parents are calling the baby Duck-duck.

Whatever it's name turns out to be, the trio are still together.

Okay, got to post mine... Same thing, more or less. I posted them somewhere else--the contest thread? I hatched these except the smallest, which the parents hatched after I incubated. (There were more but they got all excited and squashed them. 😡)

They were out parading around with little bit and I brought out some of the eight from my brooder (2-3 weeks old). They flipped--all spread their wings over them and warily separated the littles from the big scary monster who feeds them. 🤷‍♀️😂 So I brought the rest of the goslings out. Their reaction was just priceless. :lau :gig :lau :love:love:love

That was yesterday. They've been leading the whole little flock all around today, too. Here they are.

3D7F467C-7AB1-445D-89FD-818C21C4D05B.jpeg
03538707-B35E-4D99-AF8F-67AA6AE9FAF6.jpeg

Remember, I don't like being surrounded by "people". Beads don't do anything for me.
but you like boobies, so u will be “giver of the beads” not receiver, right!!?? (sorry i’m coming in on the middle of the conversation, but that’s the way bead usually work) :oops:

My brother is calling the baby Nibbles because it bit him. My parents are calling the baby Duck-duck.

Whatever it's name turns out to be, the trio are still together.
I wonder what the step parents thought when they were given a baby by a human.
Supposed to be the stork bring babies

Back
Top Bottom