《Human After All》A Role Play

How many stars will you rate this role play with?

• Votes: 1 8.3%
  • ☆☆

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ☆☆☆

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • ☆☆☆☆

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • ☆☆☆☆☆

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
(Glad to hear he's doing well. I have a reptile of my own, so I know what it's like to be concerned about them. Ok)

Increasing pressure was forced on Devine's shoulders, making him defenseless with his hands behind his back. Something cold closed around his wrists. At first he felt nothing, but then the cold touch turned to heat. Surprised by the burning sensation he nearly missed the voice behind him. "Our boss isn't happy with you." He sneered tauntingly in Devine's ear. He struggled to look behind him when movement in the shadows was seen in the corner of his eye. He turned back in time to see the first punch land in his gut. Devine groaned, but stiffened in hate at both men's snickers. The handcuffs heat deepened to a crippling pain that spread throughout his body. All he could do was keep from doubling over as one man held him in place while the other threw punches at his gut and side. "Alright, that's enough." Announced a third man Devine hadn't realized was standing nearby, observing. "I'd like to speak with him." His voice was low, but both men immediately moved aside to obey. Devine struggled to stand on his own, and face the man approaching him. "My boss has a message," The man began, clearly pleased by Devine's state, "He wants you to stop looking for him.." "And if I don't?" Devine muttered dazily. "And if you don't," the man clarified, "you won't be alive to avenge your sister." Devine focused his vision long enough to glare up at the man. Nothing was clear in the moment except for a single thought: "How did you find me?" The man smiled broadly with that question. He slowly walked behind Devine. The surroundings went silent, then there was a click and the tip of a knife was felt pressing against the dip in his right shoulder. He could feel the drops of blood oozing from the old wound. Devine stifled a low moan. "He heard there was a man with the same scars as someone he thought he killed." A million ideas came to mind with that admonition; Devine was momentarily distracted from seeing the man standing infront of him. With blurry vision he looked to see the fist flying towards his face. "Good night." The final punched knocked him straight into unconsciousness.

(Devine's unconscious so that Aya can find him either when she's on break, or finished with work. That way she doesn't have to leave her job ;) )

Her coworker soon ignored the slight distraction and put his eyes on her once more, obviously expecting an answer. Aya knew she couldn't squeeze any more time out of this, so might as well make up a compassionate lie. This guy was somewhat of a softy.

"Look," She sighed, "I am completely guilty. I've been so closed off and busy lately, and in the case of the past few days extremely irresponsible, because I have a cousin who really needed my help. He...Well, he's a clone. Terrible, I know, but I couldn't just leave him to fend for himself with the C.M.I everywhere. I tried to keep it a secret that I helped him while he was in hiding, but they found him...When I left the hospital I had gotten a text from him, he was about to do something really stupid, and I tried to get him out of the situation he put himself in. I was too late, so I looked for him for a while, but...They got him. So, I swear I'll be completely on track now. He's gone, I shouldn't have helped him in the first place. Not only was it illegal, but it distracted me from my job and my priorities and I should have never done that. I have too many responsibilities as it is."

Aya bit her lip and clenched her jaw as she hoped this lie worked. She sounded totally honest, as she was used to lying, but she felt like the fact it was a cousin was a little cliche.

But from the look on his face, he totally believed it.

"Oh my...Well, that is a stupid thing for you to do. But, I respect it. If he was your family, no wonder you'd want to help him." He looked around the room as he thought of what else to say, creating a strain in the room.
"I'm so sorry for you loss. With the current situation in our country, that was incredibly dangerous and I will not repeat it to anyone, but I still respect what you did for him. Just...Stick to your job, don't do anything like that again. Especially if you want me to believe you full-time." He raised a knowing eyebrow, and Aya silently wondered if he was only believing her for her own sake.

She hugged him tight around the middle, "Thank you so much. I swear, I'm completely opening up to you. I wouldn't be able to lie to your face right now."

Her voice was somber, and she let him go and walk away. Though as she left for her office he turned around and called out to her,
"Wait, you couldn't lie to my face right now?"

Hours later, Aya had finished her work, mostly paperwork and small appointments, so she reminded the custodian to lock up his supplies once he was done, which he commonly forgot to do, and went to the parking lot to start up her car again.

"Crap," She muttered as she dug into her pockets, "Did I leave those stupid keys? Gah. Well I'll-Ugh, I'll just leave it for now."

She left the parking lot and looked at her phone as she made a turn on the sidewalk, away from the hospital. But she caught the sight of someone in the corner of her eye in another one of those sketchy alleyways, their outline revealed by the bright light of her phone screen.

Don't turn around, she told herself repeatedly in her head. But she did anyway, and immediately regretted it.

A man with handcuffs on, illuminated by her phone's light, who was laying motionless on the ground in the fetal position, and as she stepped closer she realized who it was, and only regretted it more.

"Devine? Seriously? Crap..." She sighed, and pinched the bridge of her nose.
How did he always get beaten up? For any normal person, this was excessive. And he had handcuffs on, and burn marks where they had loosened.

There were large, dark spots of blood on his shoulder where his shirt's fabric was ripped, and he was covered in dirt and more glass from those stupid beer bottles. His head was bruised, too.

As he showed no signs of waking up, she decided she'd have to carry him herself, or find somebody else to. But she worked out often enough, maybe she'd be able to carry him to the door...Or at least try.

"Alright bud, here we go." She squatted down and scooped him up in her arms before attempting to heave him up. It was way more difficult than she had imagined. She started to feel stupid, and weak. So she stopped for a few moments and lifted up his limp wrists that were held together by handcuffs. Maybe she should take these off first. Wouldn't want people to think he had resisted arrest...Which perhaps he actually did.

Her coworker soon ignored the slight distraction and put his eyes on her once more, obviously expecting an answer. Aya knew she couldn't squeeze any more time out of this, so might as well make up a compassionate lie. This guy was somewhat of a softy.

"Look," She sighed, "I am completely guilty. I've been so closed off and busy lately, and in the case of the past few days extremely irresponsible, because I have a cousin who really needed my help. He...Well, he's a clone. Terrible, I know, but I couldn't just leave him to fend for himself with the C.M.I everywhere. I tried to keep it a secret that I helped him while he was in hiding, but they found him...When I left the hospital I had gotten a text from him, he was about to do something really stupid, and I tried to get him out of the situation he put himself in. I was too late, so I looked for him for a while, but...They got him. So, I swear I'll be completely on track now. He's gone, I shouldn't have helped him in the first place. Not only was it illegal, but it distracted me from my job and my priorities and I should have never done that. I have too many responsibilities as it is."

Aya bit her lip and clenched her jaw as she hoped this lie worked. She sounded totally honest, as she was used to lying, but she felt like the fact it was a cousin was a little cliche.

But from the look on his face, he totally believed it.

"Oh my...Well, that is a stupid thing for you to do. But, I respect it. If he was your family, no wonder you'd want to help him." He looked around the room as he thought of what else to say, creating a strain in the room.
"I'm so sorry for you loss. With the current situation in our country, that was incredibly dangerous and I will not repeat it to anyone, but I still respect what you did for him. Just...Stick to your job, don't do anything like that again. Especially if you want me to believe you full-time." He raised a knowing eyebrow, and Aya silently wondered if he was only believing her for her own sake.

She hugged him tight around the middle, "Thank you so much. I swear, I'm completely opening up to you. I wouldn't be able to lie to your face right now."

Her voice was somber, and she let him go and walk away. Though as she left for her office he turned around and called out to her,
"Wait, you couldn't lie to my face right now?"

Hours later, Aya had finished her work, mostly paperwork and small appointments, so she reminded the custodian to lock up his supplies once he was done, which he commonly forgot to do, and went to the parking lot to start up her car again.

"Crap," She muttered as she dug into her pockets, "Did I leave those stupid keys? Gah. Well I'll-Ugh, I'll just leave it for now."

She left the parking lot and looked at her phone as she made a turn on the sidewalk, away from the hospital. But she caught the sight of someone in the corner of her eye in another one of those sketchy alleyways, their outline revealed by the bright light of her phone screen.

Don't turn around, she told herself repeatedly in her head. But she did anyway, and immediately regretted it.

A man with handcuffs on, illuminated by her phone's light, who was laying motionless on the ground in the fetal position, and as she stepped closer she realized who it was, and only regretted it more.

"Devine? Seriously? Crap..." She sighed, and pinched the bridge of her nose.
How did he always get beaten up? For any normal person, this was excessive. And he had handcuffs on, and burn marks where they had loosened.

There were large, dark spots of blood on his shoulder where his shirt's fabric was ripped, and he was covered in dirt and more glass from those stupid beer bottles. His head was bruised, too.

As he showed no signs of waking up, she decided she'd have to carry him herself, or find somebody else to. But she worked out often enough, maybe she'd be able to carry him to the door...Or at least try.

"Alright bud, here we go." She squatted down and scooped him up in her arms before attempting to heave him up. It was way more difficult than she had imagined. She started to feel stupid, and weak. So she stopped for a few moments and lifted up his limp wrists that were held together by handcuffs. Maybe she should take these off first. Wouldn't want people to think he had resisted arrest...Which perhaps he actually did.
(Great post, I'm sure you worked hard to write that. Takes me a lot of time just to string a paragraph together :p )

Devine moaned gently as his mind transitioned into consciousness. He felt the touch of something but his mind was too clouded with drowsiness to tell whether he was on the ground or falling through air. A few minutes passed before he was able to open his eyes, even if it wasn't completely. Looking around he struggled to focus on the figure at his side. "Aya?" He asked, remembering everything that happened in that moment. Devine was reminded of the crippling pain in his hands as he regained his senses. "Yo-you need to take the handcuffs." He murmured, before carifying: "Off."

(Great post, I'm sure you worked hard to write that. Takes me a lot of time just to string a paragraph together :p )

Devine moaned gently as his mind transitioned into consciousness. He felt the touch of something but his mind was too clouded with drowsiness to tell whether he was on the ground or falling through air. A few minutes passed before he was able to open his eyes, even if it wasn't completely. Looking around he struggled to focus on the figure at his side. "Aya?" He asked, remembering everything that happened in that moment. Devine was reminded of the crippling pain in his hands as he regained his senses. "Yo-you need to take the handcuffs." He murmured, before carifying: "Off."

(At first I thought you were being totally sarcastic. XD But yes, I did work hard. Appreciate it.)

"Yeah, I'm trying. Just give me a sec." Aya told him quietly, sure that his head must be pounding right now from being knocked out and not wanting to be very loud. She sat there for a moment, wondering how she would do this, but then she recalled some articles she had read during a late-night cramming while she was supposed to be getting ready for work. Which, when cramming late at night, you went to some weird places on the internet.
Supposedly unlocking cuffs was relatively easy, as long as you had one thing every woman had lost in their hair somewhere.

She took a bobby pin out from her hair that had been pinning it out of her face. Bending the tip, she tried to focus on the tiny hole to unlock the cuffs, which almost seemed like a waste of time in the dark. But finally she had jammed it into the first cuff, unlocking it, and then after a few more minutes of scraping the handcuff's metal, she unlocked the other one.

"Devine, what is the matter with you? Why are you here?" Aya whispered to him frantically as she removed the cuffs, holding one of his wrists and examining the horrid burns that removed multiple layers of skin.

(At first I thought you were being totally sarcastic. XD But yes, I did work hard. Appreciate it.)

"Yeah, I'm trying. Just give me a sec." Aya told him quietly, sure that his head must be pounding right now from being knocked out and not wanting to be very loud. She sat there for a moment, wondering how she would do this, but then she recalled some articles she had read during a late-night cramming while she was supposed to be getting ready for work. Which, when cramming late at night, you went to some weird places on the internet.
Supposedly unlocking cuffs was relatively easy, as long as you had one thing every woman had lost in their hair somewhere.

She took a bobby pin out from her hair that had been pinning it out of her face. Bending the tip, she tried to focus on the tiny hole to unlock the cuffs, which almost seemed like a waste of time in the dark. But finally she had jammed it into the first cuff, unlocking it, and then after a few more minutes of scraping the handcuff's metal, she unlocked the other one.

"Devine, what is the matter with you? Why are you here?" Aya whispered to him frantically as she removed the cuffs, holding one of his wrists and examining the horrid burns that removed multiple layers of skin.
Devine weakly pulled himself into a sitting position to make it easier for Aya to remove the handcuffs. The metal rubbed against his raw skin as Aya worked. The handcuffs sounded as they unlocked, and Devine afterwards felt Aya holding his wrist. He sensed that she was examining the burn marks, even though he couldn't see her behind him. He remembered, suddenly, the mistake he made. He pulled his hands away, stifling a groan as he finally managed to pull his sleeve down his arms. "Let's just say it was a message that I shouldn't look for the man who killed my sister." He said, forcing a cocky smirk. He hoped she didn't realize how he'd hidden his burn marks from her.

Devine weakly pulled himself into a sitting position to make it easier for Aya to remove the handcuffs. The metal rubbed against his raw skin as Aya worked. The handcuffs sounded as they unlocked, and Devine afterwards felt Aya holding his wrist. He sensed that she was examining the burn marks, even though he couldn't see her behind him. He remembered, suddenly, the mistake he made. He pulled his hands away, stifling a groan as he finally managed to pull his sleeve down his arms. "Let's just say it was a message that I shouldn't look for the man who killed my sister." He said, forcing a cocky smirk. He hoped she didn't realize how he'd hidden his burn marks from her.

Aya, being the watchful person she is, watched as Devine covered his burns with his sleeves with what slightly looked like a glare. But then she got back to the main issue with a rather disappointed sigh.

"Do you think you can stand at all? You're seriously just feet from the hospital, I want to make sure there's no internal damage or anything. And your shoulder's bleeding."
Aya looked at the small glittering bits of glass and dirt in his hair that caught the streetlight's glare and, letting her caretaker instincts take over for a moment, gently took one of her hands and brushed it all out before continuing.

"Of course, I bet I could try to carry you again. But, with support from me, walking would be just that much easier."

Back
Top Bottom