《Human After All》A Role Play

How many stars will you rate this role play with?

• Votes: 1 8.3%
  • ☆☆

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ☆☆☆

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • ☆☆☆☆

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • ☆☆☆☆☆

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
Aya, being the watchful person she is, watched as Devine covered his burns with his sleeves with what slightly looked like a glare. But then she got back to the main issue with a rather disappointed sigh.

"Do you think you can stand at all? You're seriously just feet from the hospital, I want to make sure there's no internal damage or anything. And your shoulder's bleeding."
Aya looked at the small glittering bits of glass and dirt in his hair that caught the streetlight's glare and, letting her caretaker instincts take over for a moment, gently took one of her hands and brushed it all out before continuing.

"Of course, I bet I could try to carry you again. But, with support from me, walking would be just that much easier."
Devine glanced to Aya as she brushed his hair clean with a look, one almost of admiration, but it quickly faded to his usual serious expression. He was surprised that she would even consider carrying him. "I think I can stand." He thought determinedly. He held still the last few minutes to avoid inflicting pain, but he now moved a little to test his abilities. "I can't go to the hospital, though. If we're seen on camera we both could be imprisoned. I won't risk that."

Devine glanced to Aya as she brushed his hair clean with a look, one almost of admiration, but it quickly faded to his usual serious expression. He was surprised that she would even consider carrying him. "I think I can stand." He thought determinedly. He held still the last few minutes to avoid inflicting pain, but he now moved a little to test his abilities. "I can't go to the hospital, though. If we're seen on camera we both could be imprisoned. I won't risk that."

Aya shook her head,
"I'm not sneaking you in there. My hospital's open all night, there are morning shifts and night shifts. If I walk in there, act like I don't even know you, and don't mention the handcuffs people will think you're just another poor guy that got beaten up. I mean, at least let me run in and sneak out some of my tools or something. I need to look at your shoulder, and Devine, your wrists...They can't be left like that, they need some tending to. I need a place to focus and a bright light to look at all of your injuries."

Aya was a doctor, and a worrier, so she didn't want to sit there when someone had a bloody shoulder, burnt wrists, and a bruised head and do nothing about it. She wanted to take care of him, like she wanted to take care of anyone. But Devine was always so closed off, and everything was too dangerous for him...He was one of those people that didn't want to give anything away, but he was giving everything away. He was a lot like herself in some ways, and it almost made her sad.

"And besides; I own the hospital. I built it from the bottom up, if anybody has a problem they can talk to the boss-literally me-and complain about it. And I can easily deal with it."

Aya shook her head,
"I'm not sneaking you in there. My hospital's open all night, there are morning shifts and night shifts. If I walk in there, act like I don't even know you, and don't mention the handcuffs people will think you're just another poor guy that got beaten up. I mean, at least let me run in and sneak out some of my tools or something. I need to look at your shoulder, and Devine, your wrists...They can't be left like that, they need some tending to. I need a place to focus and a bright light to look at all of your injuries."

Aya was a doctor, and a worrier, so she didn't want to sit there when someone had a bloody shoulder, burnt wrists, and a bruised head and do nothing about it. She wanted to take care of him, like she wanted to take care of anyone. But Devine was always so closed off, and everything was too dangerous for him...He was one of those people that didn't want to give anything away, but he was giving everything away. He was a lot like herself in some ways, and it almost made her sad.

"And besides; I own the hospital. I built it from the bottom up, if anybody has a problem they can talk to the boss-literally me-and complain about it. And I can easily deal with it."
Devine became silent in thought. After a minute he looked to Aya and nodded his head, which was immediately regretted with the beginnings of a migraine. She wouldn't let him say no, so there was no reason for him to argue. "Alright." He sighed deeply and used his legs to raise himself from the ground. He stood shakily for a moment, but doubled over as the pain in his gut became to intense to ignore.

Devine became silent in thought. After a minute he looked to Aya and nodded his head, which was immediately regretted with the beginnings of a migraine. She wouldn't let him say no, so there was no reason for him to argue. "Alright." He sighed deeply and used his legs to raise himself from the ground. He stood shakily for a moment, but doubled over as the pain in his gut became to intense to ignore.

Aya could tell that Devine had just decided not to argue with her, but she decided to take it anyway because he needed medical help. Especially as he doubled over due to obvious pain in his stomach-area. She was more specialized with brains, but she knew enough of general human health and anatomy to do something about it once he was in a room where she could get started.

She rushed to him to make sure he wasn't going to fall, and used her arms to support him.
"Here, lean on me." She said. "Don't try to stand fully, though. I don't know what they did to you, but you could have a number of things wrong that would only be worse if you stretched it. Just try to relax as much as you can right now."

Aya could tell that Devine had just decided not to argue with her, but she decided to take it anyway because he needed medical help. Especially as he doubled over due to obvious pain in his stomach-area. She was more specialized with brains, but she knew enough of general human health and anatomy to do something about it once he was in a room where she could get started.

She rushed to him to make sure he wasn't going to fall, and used her arms to support him.
"Here, lean on me." She said. "Don't try to stand fully, though. I don't know what they did to you, but you could have a number of things wrong that would only be worse if you stretched it. Just try to relax as much as you can right now."
"Easier said than done." He chuckled heavily, hoping to lighten both their moods. He was careful as he accepted Aya's support, not wanting to give her more weight than she could handle. Another breath, and he took a step forward, not letting Aya fully know how much pain he was in. He wouldn't make this more difficult for her than it had to be.

"Easier said than done." He chuckled heavily, hoping to lighten both their moods. He was careful as he accepted Aya's support, not wanting to give her more weight than she could handle. Another breath, and he took a step forward, not letting Aya fully know how much pain he was in. He wouldn't make this more difficult for her than it had to be.

Now that Devine was about as 'comfortable' as he really could get in this situation, they began inching towards the hospital step by step. She could tell that Devine wasn't fully putting his weight on her, but at this point she decided not to mention it. He could if he wanted to, but he chose not to, so no reason making a thing of it.

When they finally reached the hospital, Aya let go of Devine's shoulder that she was holding to support him and pushed the doors open, walking them both into the lobby. The woman at the desk peered through the top of her glasses at them.

"Dr. Mythe? I thought you went home for the day." She said immediately with a curious tone to her voice. But then as she saw the man leaning on her was limping and was spotted with blood and bruises, she guessed what was going on.

"I found this poor man in one of the alleyways, got beaten up by some deadbeats looking to mess up someone's day. I didn't think his injuries required a hospital room at first, of course, but he has some internal damage that needs fixing right away. He can barely even walk...As you can see."

"Ah, I see." She replied simply, seeming to lose interest.

"I'll see to getting the details figured out later. Right now he needs a room."

Now that Devine was about as 'comfortable' as he really could get in this situation, they began inching towards the hospital step by step. She could tell that Devine wasn't fully putting his weight on her, but at this point she decided not to mention it. He could if he wanted to, but he chose not to, so no reason making a thing of it.

When they finally reached the hospital, Aya let go of Devine's shoulder that she was holding to support him and pushed the doors open, walking them both into the lobby. The woman at the desk peered through the top of her glasses at them.

"Dr. Mythe? I thought you went home for the day." She said immediately with a curious tone to her voice. But then as she saw the man leaning on her was limping and was spotted with blood and bruises, she guessed what was going on.

"I found this poor man in one of the alleyways, got beaten up by some deadbeats looking to mess up someone's day. I didn't think his injuries required a hospital room at first, of course, but he has some internal damage that needs fixing right away. He can barely even walk...As you can see."

"Ah, I see." She replied simply, seeming to lose interest.

"I'll see to getting the details figured out later. Right now he needs a room."
Devine walked with as much strength as he could muster. He felt that any moment he might lose his ability to stand, but continued with Aya determinedly. As they entered the hospital he lowered his head and kept quiet. He didn't think that anyone else would be involved besides Aya but he was reminded that there were other people at the hospital. He was glad that the lady at the desk seemed to be disinterested in him. He pretended to be half-conscious while they talked; which he almost was.

Devine walked with as much strength as he could muster. He felt that any moment he might lose his ability to stand, but continued with Aya determinedly. As they entered the hospital he lowered his head and kept quiet. He didn't think that anyone else would be involved besides Aya but he was reminded that there were other people at the hospital. He was glad that the lady at the desk seemed to be disinterested in him. He pretended to be half-conscious while they talked; which he almost was.

"Mark room 5 as occupied, please." Aya said before continuing left, down the hall where the operating and recovery rooms were.

She stopped at room 5, which was the closest one that was ready to be occupied right now, and dug in her pockets to pull out a giant ring of keys. Taking a few moments to find key 5, she stuck it in the lock and turned the key.

"Alright, just climb onto the bed and I can get started. Really need to take a look at your stomach, but it may just be bruised if they kicked you at all."

Leading him to the neatly made plain white bed, she waited for him to climb on and hoped he was even awake enough to do that. She needed him awake to see how he responded to certain things, and because she still had a ton of questions. Yes, she was nosy.

"Mark room 5 as occupied, please." Aya said before continuing left, down the hall where the operating and recovery rooms were.

She stopped at room 5, which was the closest one that was ready to be occupied right now, and dug in her pockets to pull out a giant ring of keys. Taking a few moments to find key 5, she stuck it in the lock and turned the key.

"Alright, just climb onto the bed and I can get started. Really need to take a look at your stomach, but it may just be bruised if they kicked you at all."

Leading him to the neatly made plain white bed, she waited for him to climb on and hoped he was even awake enough to do that. She needed him awake to see how he responded to certain things, and because she still had a ton of questions. Yes, she was nosy.
Devine could feel himself fading as he waited for Aya to unlock the room. When they came to the bed he was careful to lower his weight on to it. He waited for the pain to ease, at least somewhat, before attempting to pull his legs onto the bed. He afterwards leaned back against the headboard wearily.

Devine could feel himself fading as he waited for Aya to unlock the room. When they came to the bed he was careful to lower his weight on to it. He waited for the pain to ease, at least somewhat, before attempting to pull his legs onto the bed. He afterwards leaned back against the headboard wearily.

"Alrighty, let's get started. Just try to stay awake the best you can for right now, alright? But I think pretty soon you'll be able to sleep."

She lifted his shirt above his stomach and cringed at the large, purple bruise that had formed there.

She had planned on just pressing around on his stomach and having him tell her where it was really hurting from the pressure, but it had become obvious where the pain was coming from. It was visible.

"Oh God. Well, that made finding the problem a whole lot more easier, I suppose."

Hopefully it was just the shock of the obvious blow that had been directed towards his stomach that was causing him pain. But, she was a woman, and she knew how terrible that kind of pain could be, and she didn't want it to get any worse, so he would at least get some medication.

"What kind of pain are you feeling right now? Is it throbbing, stabbing? Any way you could explain it?"

Back
Top Bottom