🎃October Hatch-a-long 2020🎃

A real disaster with the shipped eggs. None of them made it. So my own three eggs are all I have left. They are on day 14 today and they are at least looking great. I found another breeder on ebay advertisements selling Light Sussex eggs, a bit cheeper too. I WON'T GIVE UP!! So I have ordered 15 from him. They should be here just as mine are hatching, so I might just use another incubator for the hatch.

Candled my Salmon Faverolle Bantam, LF Slamon Faverolle, and Buff Orpington Bantam eggs yesterday. Tossed 1 LF SF as it was going rotten. Also tossed a couple clears. The others all looked good. Set 10 Wheaten Marans eggs this morning. Ordered Welsummer and Tolbunt Polish eggs yesterday as well. Also waiting to hear on my Pita Pinta eggs (the sellers hens went to molt right after I purchased them). Then I think I am done for the year once I get all of those hatched.

Hello, I’m probably a bit late joining as my eggs are due now(ish)!! I’ve just noticed a pip in one of my eggs :celebrate. I currently have 2 broodys in one nest box co-sitting/hatching. I’ve never had 2 hatching together before, I’m hoping they will just co-parent. We had one egg hatch way too early (about day 17) and it didn’t survive, but the rest look good. I will update with photos if hatching is successful (never count your chickens before they hatch!)

This will unfortunately be my final hatchalong (i think)
I have 34 in the incy set to hatch on the fifth.
This is the final phase or the end game as my wife calls it (too much avengers methinks).
Ive basically set mostly ccl x cbm to get the olives i started out for 3 years ago ive also set some from some of my favourite crosses, my pure white araucana my pure black araucana, my brahma light susssex (my favourite) and my brahma ranger.
Over the last three years i like to think ive created a unique flock of my favourite birds but all good things must come to an end...........
Although a lot of people have asked for green egg layers........... :lau

Back
Top Bottom