10 Egg Pound Cake

A slight dusting of confectioners sugar is all this 10 egg pound cake needs to look pretty for the holidays in my opinion. If you want it to look more festive you could place a twig of fake holly leave and berries at the base.

Sometimes I make peanut butter icing very thin and drizzle over slices if asked for.

Quote:
Terrie

Printed this one out and will give it a try. Strawberries are coming into season here in California and this sounds like it would go great with them. Also, the hens are now producing enough eggs that I feel I can use 10 extra and still fill my weekly orders.

Sandee

Quote:
Thanks for this recipe without Crisco. I do not use anything if I can help it with soy in it. Girls have been putting out so well I am finally able to do this with there eggs after I sell to my clients.

OMG, why did I have to open this thread and look at that pound cake from the bundt cake pan? It would be even better with....glaze...
droolin.gif

Oh wow, must not think about it!!

I am trying this cake this weekend but I am going to add lemon and cranberries to the cake... with me luck!

I was wanting to make one in my heart bunt pan for valentines day gifts, and was wondering how to ...pink/red it up a bit. I was thinking about putting some raspberry jelly in spoonfuls sandwiched between the batter. I like the cranberry idea. Maybe dried cherries would work too.

This is by far the most favorite of all cakes at our house.
Please let me know how this turns out.

Edit* Hey, it just occured to me, do you think the batter would be heavy enough to hold those little mini chocolate chips? that would be yummy with cherries or cranberries.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom