10 Egg Pound Cake

Quote:
to "pink it up" you can use a very small amount of pink food colouring PASTE... dont use the drops that you get from the grocery store use the bakers colouring paste..

the cranberry pne is in the oven right now and I will let you know how it turns out

It turned out FABULOUS!!! the cranberries added a tangy zip that went well with the lemons...

Last edited:
Quote:
to "pink it up" you can use a very small amount of pink food colouring PASTE... dont use the drops that you get from the grocery store use the bakers colouring paste..

the cranberry pne is in the oven right now and I will let you know how it turns out

It turned out FABULOUS!!! the cranberries added a tangy zip that went well with the lemons...

Wonderful! I may try that tomorrow.

My husband wishes to know if you used dried cranberries or fresh. I jumped to the conclusion that they were dried. I still have some bronchitis, so "he" plans on making the valentine cakes!
Thank you!

Quote:
I used redeyres recipe... VERY EASY!!!!

I took the zest of 4 lemons and the juice of these lemons

I used a small bag of dried cranberry's (crasins about 170g bag or about 2 cups)

I used about 3/4 of the zest and put it into the batter and used the rest of the zest for the glaze

I had to bake a little longer but it turned out great

I used the juice from the lemons for the glaze

Last edited:
I made redyres recipe, too, because I didnt want to use Crisco, and it was great. Couldnt have been easier, and one always has those ingredients around. Id like to try it with some fruit and nuts, too.

I use the 10egg recipe and just use butter. I guess that kinda does make it redyers recipe.
hide.gif
...I have it memorized. Isn't that awful?

Quote:
We grew up on this cake but always used butter. Mom used to make it pretty much all summer long and we'd have it topped with fresh strawberries or fresh raspberries. Mom would also slice it and fry it in butter for breakfast to use up leftovers before she made a fresh one for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom