'10 hatch Split to Silver Fulvous Whistling Duck Pair

exoticduckluvr

Songster
10 Years
Jan 23, 2010
Vancleave
Birds out of Bob Johnson stock from Florida. Both birds are Split Silver from a Mother that is normal Fulvous and father that is Silver. They will produce offspring that are normal, split(look normal), and Silvers as they carry both genes. All look silver at birth and you will see the change in colors in about 3 to 5 weeks. These birds like a ground nest. Mine like the Booda Stairway Cat litter box. You can also use a big plant pot turned upside down but leave a good lip as I had eggs to roll out when they used a plant pot. They like to pile the nest up high inside the box. I can take pictures to show nest box pics if you need them. Shipping is actual charge and will refund any whole dollar amount over minus a 5.00 used disinfected shipping box charge. If you want a new box you will have to order one and have it shipped to me immediately as temps will soon be to hot to ship on my end. Horizon Boxes or Boxes for Birds are the only available P.O. approved live bird shipping boxes. Boxes for Birds is cheapest for purchasing single boxes and includes shipping in the price.

I accept Pay Pal and P.O. Money order only. Winner e-mail me for Pay Pal account info
Birds will be shipped the first Monday or Tuesday following a cleared Pay Pal payment or receipt of Postal Money Order

Discount on shipping if other Whistler auction purchased too. would probably be about 20 to 30 dollars more plus the additional 5 dollars box fee.

Drake
087-2.jpg

Drake, hen and offspring
087-1.jpg

Last edited:
Can they be housed with Mandarins? Are they great fliers like the Mandarins? and last question...would they ever interbreed with Mandarins? (I have Mandarins, can you tell?)

they do fly some but prefer the ground for the most part. The Fulvous will perch on a upside down pot or crate but usually not up high or at least mine don't. I have never had any of my ducks interbreed. Very Doubtful they would even try with the Mandarins as they are a taller species

I've been reading the Migratory/Ornamental Waterfowl Duck thread (but it'll take awhile to get all 108 pages read!) and am wondering if they can take the winters up here in NJ. I do not have a barn or shed for my Mandarins (they've got a big dog house in their pen at this point with no added heat or insulation) We had such a horrible winter- I even lost my oldest and 3 youngest Mandarins (who didn't have enough body fat built up yet, I was told- they were hatched last February...) How loud are their whistles? I love the sound of it, but my pesky neighbor called and complained about my guineas and I had to rehome them. Are they quiet or noisy whistles?

Last edited:
I would say they couldn't take the winter especially if you lost your Mandarins and they are very noisy especially at night when they are most active but i love the sounds from them.

I would too (love their noises!) My neighbor just doesn't. Most of my Mandarins tolerate the winter fine, but for some reason, the oldest one didn't and those youngest one were less than a year old and I didn't know they needed more body fat for our extreme cold temps this winter. Your ducks are beautiful and I wish my neighbor lived farther away....I would do it if it weren't for her, b/c I can always put a light bulb out in their doghouse for warmth or insulate that same doghouse.
Someone please buy these so I don't have to feel so torn?
sad.png

ToeJ I have to sell now or wait until winter. we are already getting 80+ degree temps. not supposed to ship over 85 degrees on either end. Had to wait this long to get my Fed Permit(3 months) to be able to sell them. Blk bellies or the white faced got into the nest last night or early a.m. and rolled out all 12 eggs 1 hen was sitting. Most were fertile ;-( but really wasn't wanting babies anyway since I am trying to sell them all. I have 2 pr for sure plus the Silver drake, and still waiting to see what the last 2 are for sure. I am not great at sexing lol

Back
Top Bottom