10+ Silver & Coronation Sussex with possibility of splits in each

crfarm

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes or so
10 Years
Nov 29, 2009
KY
This is an Auction Formated Listing - Please do not PM to bid! - Place your bid in a reply.
Bidding will start at: $45.00

Additional bids will be in increasing $ 1.00 increments

Shipping will be via <USPS Priority Mail > at a cost of <INCLUDED IN AUCTION PRICE!!>

Auction ends at <10:00 PM> <EASTERN> on <1/24/2012>

Please place your bid as a reply to this classified (do not PM to bid!).
Subscribe to this classified auction using the immediate notification setting when you bid so that you can stay informed!

Description:
I am offering 10+ of our Silver Sussex and Coronation Sussex breeds. The auction is for a total of 10 eggs plus any extras the hens may lay during this period. There is no guarantee as to how many of each there will be. It just depends on how the hens lay. There is a possibility to get splits from each pen. They will be marked as to what breed. My birds came directly from Greenfire Farms and were all unrelated pairs.

Payment is due immediately after auction ends so they can be sent out on Wed hens willing. :) If for some reason they don't lay, I will plan on sending Sat or refund your purchase, your choice.

Payment is paypal and if you don't have an account but have debit or credit card you can pay as a paypal guest. NO ECHECKS

I cannot guarantee your hatch due to many factors. Hatching eggs are a risk. There will not be any replacements or refunds. I just hatched 15 of 17 Silver Sussex and all the Coronations hatched on 1/17. I try to send extras to help with any mishaps but that does not always happen. The auction is for 10. NPIP & AI TESTED.

Last edited:

This is a pic of one of my current 7 week old pullets from the Silver Pen.

I am totally confused here....
So may some of the birds be split silver and coronation sussex?
Is it possible to ID these birds that are split, and doesn't that mean their chicks may not breed true to either silver or coronation but a mix?

The eggs will be coming from 2 different pens. One Silver Sussex, which I just found out that my PURE Silvers have 2 split roos from Greenfire. From this pen you may get some split Silver chicks which will look like light sussex but carry the silver gene. Those when bred together will produce split silvers, silvers and light sussex.

My Coronation Pen has a light sussex in it. She always lays in a spot on the floor, never in the nests. I mark any I find on the shavings floor with LCS as it is possible they may be Split Coro's. The ones marked CS from this pen are from one of my Coronation hens who ALWAYS lays in this nest and does not let any others in it. So from this pen there will be pure and possible split Coro's. Again the splits will look like a light sussex but carry the lavender gene. When bred together, splits, you will get splits, coro's and light sussex as outcomes.

What I do is hatch the eggs separate by breed. The silvers are easy to tell at birth as they are black and have little masks like a penguin. If they are split they will be yellow. If I get any splits I band them.

Same with my Coro's I band them all with a different color as at first you cannot tell the splits until they start to feather out. So they carry a purple band and when they feather I keep the splits marked with a purple band. I separate and either sell them or keep the nicest ones and have a separate pen for them.

The split Silvers usually get a black band and again are kept separate by breed too. I do not plan on keeping them as I want to concentrate on the pure silvers. They last few hatchs have not had many splits to no splits but it will vary. I sell the splits low enough and it is a way for others to try for Silvers without the price tag. I had a pair up for auction recently and still think it is going. I am just sitting down to check auctions right now.
smile.png

I currently have 6 from the Silver pen and 4 from the Coronation pen. I still have to collect this afternoon.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom