10+ week old frizzle, help sexing

mom-to-5

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 23, 2013
Mesa, AZ
I have a bantam frizzle I purchased from a feed store 8/01, so I know he/she is at least 10 weeks old (probably close to 11 weeks). I need help determining if I have a pullet or a cockerel.
Thank you!

Yours actually looks like a frazzle, and I would say rooster because it's developing wattles already.

*Her* comb is still nicely pink and small. I have a 9 week old pullet who looks very similar! The boys by 6 weeks were very obvious with bright red combs double this size.

Thank you! Dolly, I am hoping it is a she! Old Hen, sorry for my ignorance, but what makes you think it's a frazzle? He/she isn't loosing feathers that I am aware of and this is our friendliest chicken that we hold daily. Is it just the curling pattern?

Thank you! Dolly, I am hoping it is a she! Old Hen, sorry for my ignorance, but what makes you think it's a frazzle? He/she isn't loosing feathers that I am aware of and this is our friendliest chicken that we hold daily. Is it just the curling pattern?
the feathers appear to be over curled, there seems to be curly Q's on the ends.

This is my frizzle when she was a kid.

The red and white one on the right was a frazzle. I have changed my mind about yours being a rooster, yours is a hen.

Old hen, thank you for the pictures, and Tiela too! It does appear that the feathers on mine are much more curly...hopefully it doesn't cause her (being hopeful) any problems and she continues to not loose any feathers.

Old hen, thank you for the pictures, and Tiela too! It does appear that the feathers on mine are much more curly...hopefully it doesn't cause her (being hopeful) any problems and she continues to not loose any feathers.
mine didn't lose too many until the following summer, he was nearly naked, he hid in the pine trees, skin got red and he earned the name of that creepy thing, he did molt in the fall and his feathers grew back, but he died the following winter, not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom