11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I just confirmed with the breeder that as long as her girls keep laying I can pick up a dozen Silkied Cochin eggs in a couple of weeks! :love

Erin Woodcock - Silkied Cochins.jpg

Ok, I put eggs in the incubator this evening. Don't know if they will count for the hatch along or not, but the incubator has to be empty and cleaned by the 30th of March so I can lend it to school (along with my 2nd incubator).
That is very exciting!

There will be a couple of contests that the eggs will not be in but there are plenty of contests to enter that are open to either all hatch a long members or all of BYC. The Cutest baby fowl contest is open and the edible Easter contest will but up soon. Both have not restrictions except for shipping in the US

I just confirmed with the breeder that as long as her girls keep laying I can pick up a dozen Silkied Cochin eggs in a couple of weeks! :love

Erin Woodcock - Silkied Cochins.jpg

Oh, my goodness, look at those beauties!! 😍 Is there any way you could share who from? I've been looking for ages for more of them!! :bow

I've been working with a pair of Red Silkied Cochins I got a few years back, but haven't had much luck with hatching from their offspring, and the only Black I got didn't make it. :hmm I planned on outcrossing to some smooth blacks / black mottleds this year and then crossing back to the silkieds later for more color and vigor in my silkied line, but if I could get more silkied stock that would be a million times better! :fl

Some of my silkieds, just because I love them so much and enjoy showing them off. :D (Don't mind Roscoe's comb :oops: )

Roscoe.jpg
Rowena.jpg
Roxanne.jpg
Abra.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom