11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
My eggs have been set!
View attachment 2057904
View attachment 2057905
this is my very first incubation (I’ve said this a lot lol) so I’m really scared I’m doing some things wrong. Please please please tell me tips and stuff to know so I can get this right!
My Still Air Little Giant 9300 does have different temperatures around on the floor, yes I don’t have an egg turner so I will do it by hand. Im a little confused about keeping the humidity and when to put water in it again when it runs dry. I have researched a lot the past days and I’ve ran my incubator to find the temperature to stay right, Still is having trouble.
I will be rotating the eggs around the incubator so that they can live in different temps because there is different temps everywhere

also I have a problem that I’m scared about
I have been setting my incubator at 99.5 (now at 99.9) because it can never stay at that constant temp and will always change and always be a degree or two lower (Fahrenheit)

thank you everyone sorry about my troubles and I am very grateful☺☺
You need to verify the temperature at the middle of the egg. You will also benefit from moving the eggs around every couple of days due to hot spots.

Incubation is about averages. The eggs need to be close to 99.5F on average over the hatch.

My eggs have been set!
View attachment 2057904
View attachment 2057905
this is my very first incubation (I’ve said this a lot lol) so I’m really scared I’m doing some things wrong. Please please please tell me tips and stuff to know so I can get this right!
My Still Air Little Giant 9300 does have different temperatures around on the floor, yes I don’t have an egg turner so I will do it by hand. Im a little confused about keeping the humidity and when to put water in it again when it runs dry. I have researched a lot the past days and I’ve ran my incubator to find the temperature to stay right, Still is having trouble.
I will be rotating the eggs around the incubator so that they can live in different temps because there is different temps everywhere

I have been setting my incubator at 99.5 (now at 99.9) because it can never stay at that constant temp and will always change and always be a degree or two lower (Fahrenheit)

The temp for still-air is higher. 101°? I've never had one... someone confirm or correct me please?

The temp for still-air is higher. 101°? I've never had one... someone confirm or correct me please?
It is 101 at the top and lower at the bottom so that the average at the middle of the egg is 99.5. It takes two thermometers to do this. If you go not have two thermometers, then yes a still air should be set to 101F

Based on how the hatch goes, the temp can be raised of lowered next hatch

You need to verify the temperature at the middle of the egg. You will also benefit from moving the eggs around every couple of days due to hot spots.

Incubation is about averages. The eggs need to be close to 99.5F on average over the hatch.
I was planning on moving them , yes, thank you.
I apologize, could you explain what you mean by you need to verify the temperature at the middle of the egg?

My eggs have been set!
View attachment 2057904
View attachment 2057905

Go buy two more thermometers and calibrate them.
Don't trust the digital reading on your bator.
Go buy a humidity gauge and salt test it too.

I was planning on moving them , yes, thank you.
I apologize, could you explain what you mean by you need to verify the temperature at the middle of the egg?
Buy 4 thermometers.
I guarantee you that that all four will read different temps at the exact same time.

You must know, at one quick glance, which spot in your bator is running hotter.
Easy to tell if you have multiple trusted thermometers in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom