11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Buy 4 thermometers.
I guarantee you that that all four will read different temps at the exact same time.

You must know, at one quick glance, which spot in your bator is running hotter.
Easy to tell if you have multiple trusted thermometers in it.
And i will move the eggs around every day or so, so that they can experience the different temps? Correct me if I’m wrong

And i will move the eggs around so that they can experience the different temps? Correct me if I’m wrong
That's good but what if one spot is getting too hot and you're rotating the eggs around and each egg is getting a chance to sit in this one spot everyday?

That's good but what if one spot is getting too hot and you're rotating the eggs around and each egg is getting a chance to sit in this one spot everyday?
I will hopefully see that and catch it and maybe try to avoid them in that one spot?
I apologize for all my confusion at the moment and I am very grateful right nowWith all the help

Stinking lapper....R2elk you've offended Daisy! LOL!

Violent storms for us today! I'm so behind in the gardens. This weather isn't helping my shelter in place isolation! Anybody else under house arrest? Anybody got kids out of school?
Wondering who else is being impacted by this.
I can’t wait to see your silkie x ameraucanas. I have both breeds. What color eggs do you usually end up with?
they are awesome. I may have to create a breeding group from my new babies. I just hatched silkies and ameraucanas are going in for my Easter hatch. Can you post a pic of the eggs? I’m probably going to have lots of questions for you. Sorry in advance.

Sure! Here is the F1 group. They are silkie feathered am x silkie/showgirl

20200220_174622.jpg
20200220_174632.jpg
20200220_174741.jpg

And the eggs they lay

20200220_174721.jpg

The first F2 babies just hatched last weekend. Some look more ameraucana and some look more silkie. I will be keeping the ones that are more silkie like then when they get older and start laying, I'll cut back further and keep the ones laying the most blue eggs. Here are some of the first F2 babies

20200314_141501.jpg
20200314_141513.jpg
20200319_075640.jpg

I will hopefully see that and catch it and maybe try to avoid them in that one spot?
I apologize for all my confusion at the moment and I am very grateful right nowWith all the help
How are you going to see this hot spot if you don't have calibrated thermometers in your bator?

I’m using a Still Air Incubator without the egg turner so we’ll see how it goes!
I actually love love the stills. I just can't spend the time turning now..couple of reasons..one being..bum shoulder. :(. Getting a shot in there next Wed. They help. I really should be having surgery..but...will wait to go into a hospital for a while! 🤪 I will definitely use my still for lockdown and actual hatching. Love them for that too. :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom