11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 10 for these mixed breed duck eggs. All 7 are coming along. Lots of movement by the embryos. Vascular development looking good. Here's a pic from last night.

IMG_20200325_204244340.jpg

I'm supposed to wait until Saturday (day 7) to candle my eggs, but I'm really eager to see these eggs develop so I did one of mine last night. I saw veins and growth! I wasn't sure I'd see anything since the shells are brown but they were definitely there!
I'll probably leave that egg alone when I go candle the others on Saturday, but now I know at least one of my eggs are fertile and developing!

I'm supposed to wait until Saturday (day 7) to candle my eggs, but I'm really eager to see these eggs develop so I did one of mine last night. I saw veins and growth! I wasn't sure I'd see anything since the shells are brown but they were definitely there!
I'll probably leave that egg alone when I go candle the others on Saturday, but now I know at least one of my eggs are fertile and developing!

I’m with ya!! I want to candle so bad but it’s hard to see through my darker olive eggs. But I did candle 2 of my lighter olive eggs and saw veins too!! On Day 7 I will be weighing mine. I’m pretty sure they’re all fertile but just to be sure I will be candling on day 7 for that.

I’m with ya!! I want to candle so bad but it’s hard to see through my darker olive eggs. But I did candle 2 of my lighter olive eggs and saw veins too!! On Day 7 I will be weighing mine. I’m pretty sure they’re all fertile but just to be sure I will be candling on day 7 for that.

I've got two dark brown eggs which I'm thinking I probably won't see much on. I can't imagine with olive eggs (I heard they're actually harder to see through). I probably should have weighed them but I just sort of numbered them and stuck them in the incubator instead. Won't really know what we have until they hatch, but it sure is exciting to see them develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom