11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volleyball style?

When I read that for some reason I heard Pong sound effects, "boop boop" back and forth, lol!

giphy.gif

I candle mine every day as I rotate them (volleyball style) in the incubator. :oops:
I get the volleyball rotation - should help average out any temperature variations within your incubator space.. but I hope you're also rotating them "planet style", around their long axis, so a different side is up, every 6 to 8 hours. Otherwise, the chicks can get stuck to one side of the shell, and develop poorly.

Volleyball style?
I looked for a diagram, and it appears the rotation is a lot more complicated than when I was in elementary school! :lau

I have an incuvue--lots more rows than volleyball, but I take the far right egg in the back (server's position) and move it to the far left side of the front row. Front row moves right; farthest right egg moves to the left side of the row immediately behind, and so on to the back.

I get the volleyball rotation - should help average out any temperature variations within your incubator space.. but I hope you're also rotating them "planet style", around their long axis, so a different side is up, every 6 to 8 hours. Otherwise, the chicks can get stuck to one side of the shell, and develop poorly.
It has an auto turner. The eggs lay on their sides and get shuffled forward and back every few hours. It doesn't necessarily turn them over to the O or X side, but the first time I used it I decided to trust it. The process seems very "hen-like", after all. It also seems to work really well. I have it set to 8X/day, which is the most turns allowed.

I looked for a diagram, and it appears the rotation is a lot more complicated than when I was in elementary school! :lau

I have an incuvue--lots more rows than volleyball, but I take the far right egg in the back (server's position) and move it to the far left side of the front row. Front row moves right; farthest right egg moves to the left side of the row immediately behind, and so on to the back.
So I do that too, but I've never heard that term 😂

After each point in a volleyball game, the players on the serving team rotate to different positions on the field, so a different player serves the ball each time. Cindy is moving her eggs around within her incubator, in case it has hot or cold spots..
I get volleyball, I played it in high school. I just never heard the term.

9/10 of my chicks hatched. All 10 eggs made it to lockdown. The 1 egg that didn't hatch was a quitter :bun Hoping my eggs for this hatch go good.

Duckling eggs looked amazing, I'll get more pics and post them. Chicken eggs I'll check tonight because they should get at the point where I can see except for on my brown eggs. Those I can never see because they're speckled 😑

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom