11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I weighed my eggs today and the average was a whole percentage lower than the preferred for day 10. Does that mean they’re not losing enough moisture? I ran it dry the first 7 days then on Day 7, I increased humidity to 50-60%. Now it’s back at 20-30%, should I just let it run dry again?

I weighed my eggs today and the average was a whole percentage lower than the preferred for day 10. Does that mean they’re not losing enough moisture? I ran it dry the first 7 days then on Day 7, I increased humidity to 50-60%. Now it’s back at 20-30%, should I just let it run dry again?
Id say stay dry, but I don't want you to have issues. You know though what to do so I know you'll have no issues.

Last edited:

Try right in the middle at 40% and see how that works for your weight loss. 45-50% is usually my sweet spot on most hatches.

we did a candle on the easter eggs last night pulled 3 blood rings, had 3 more that looked questionable and 8 that could be clear but DD decided to only pull the blood rings for now... out of 56 not bad.. . Muscovy look like we are down to 5 that are still wiggling??? time will tell

That's great for 56 eggs!! Fingers crossed for your muscovy duckies!

If say stay dry, but I don't want you to have issues. You know though what to do so I know you'll have no issues.

I did dry on my last incubation from Day 10 to hatch day, out of 21 only 5 didn’t hatch and it was probably due to humidity because they were fully formed. My humidity was at 18-25% in that last part of the hatch, maybe this time I’ll try to do 30-40%

Try right in the middle at 40% and see how that works for your weight loss. 45-50% is usually my sweet spot on most hatches.

Thanks. Yeah my goal on day 7 was to stay around 40% but I didn’t realize that little bit of water would spike it to 60%. It’s been decreasing from 60% all the way down to 30% today so it wasn’t at 60% for more than a day and a half, if that. Will try to work with it to see how to keep it between 30-40% because I don’t want to accidentally add too much water at get it to 60% again 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom