11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My April Fool's prank is coming along nicely.....

My little broody serama hen sat on 2 eggs and already has 7 orpington chicks. They're the XL orps from imported English bloodlines, and they'll grow larger than her in about 3 weeks.
:lau

IMG_2759 (2).JPG

IMG_2762 (2).JPG
IMG_2765 (2).JPG

Surprisingly all 7 are under her. I'll be adding a mama heating pad for the overflow chicks. (More will likely hatch)
IMG_2779.JPG

Absolutely even when not stuck at home. Chickens are good therapy.
I'll say! They give you lots of steps, too! If I wasn't chasing them back onto our place from the north today, I was chasing them back in from the east or the south. For whatever reason, the west has not yet caught their fancy. DH says someone will think they're turkeys and shoot them.

Oh yes... I found an illicit turkey nest just outside the fence. One of my petite little Sweetgrass girls was sitting on it. She ran off when I got there (in the right direction, for once). There were six eggs counting hers--the only warm one. None developing, none with more than a teensie air cell. They all just picked that spot, I guess.

My April Fool's prank is coming along nicely.....

My little broody serama hen sat on 2 eggs and already has 7 orpington chicks. They're the XL orps from imported English bloodlines, and they'll grow larger than her in about 3 weeks.
:lau

View attachment 2070602
View attachment 2070603View attachment 2070604

Surprisingly all 7 are under her. I'll be adding a mama heating pad for the overflow chicks. (More will likely hatch)
View attachment 2070607
Such a sweet, pretty mommy! :love

I'll say! They give you lots of steps, too! If I wasn't chasing them back onto our place from the north today, I was chasing them back in from the east or the south. For whatever reason, the west has not yet caught their fancy. DH says someone will think they're turkeys and shoot them.

Oh yes... I found an illicit turkey nest just outside the fence. One of my petite little Sweetgrass girls was sitting on it. She ran off when I got there (in the right direction, for once). There were six eggs counting hers--the only warm one. None developing, none with more than a teensie air cell. They all just picked that spot, I guess.
I count on them for my steps. :lau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom