11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
EEEKKKKK, Today is day 14 for my eggies, and 8 were infertile, 2 were quitters. sooooooo most are doing great, (which I figured they would but I always worry) HMMMMMM, they may say don't count your chickens before they hatch, but what will I do with all of them.. hehehe We plan on selling or giving them away, Keeping a few but cant keep them all not enough room.

What are you all going to do with yours chicks? What are the plans for them keeping selling?
I should sell all of the drakes that hatch out and keep all the duckhens since I have WAY too many drakes, but I'll probably keep all of them because I get too attached to ducklings.

These are not my EHAL eggs, obviously, but my silkied Cochin eggs hatched over the past couple days! 5 out of 15! Not too bad for dinged up shipped eggs, I think! :) Sadly, one of them is very weak and I'm not sure she will pull through, but I'm happy for four healthy babies. ❤

View attachment 2074261View attachment 2074256View attachment 2074255View attachment 2074260View attachment 2074258View attachment 2074259

Sorry for the picture overload. :oops: They're just so irresistible! 😍
There is no such thing as picture overload of BABY CHICKS!!!😍😍🥰

EEEKKKKK, Today is day 14 for my eggies, and 8 were infertile, 2 were quitters. sooooooo most are doing great, (which I figured they would but I always worry) HMMMMMM, they may say don't count your chickens before they hatch, but what will I do with all of them.. hehehe We plan on selling or giving them away, Keeping a few but cant keep them all not enough room.

What are you all going to do with yours chicks? What are the plans for them keeping selling?
We are incubating 19 chicken eggs and selling them all to 2 different friends. One lives on a farm and wants many and the other friend lives in the city and wants some chickens for homegrown eggs. :)
The chicks I’m planning on keeping this year are broody babies. I want, (if a hen decides to go broody) to hatch the chicks that I keep have a more “natural” hatch and raise I just love mommy’s and babies!!! 😋🥰🥰

19AEBAE7-666C-489F-95E0-9D4CD5C59CA5.jpeg

look at that vein!
Great growth so far!!! 😍😍

I do the same. Try and figure out first, which ones may be a roo. Not supposed to have them here, but I have kept the more quiet ones...until they are more vocal. In the meantime, they act like the man I want them to be. 😁. I get free fertile eggs for a while.

I am going to keep some dont know how many yet but I'm going to wait and see which ones are roos and which are hens.

Day 7 of incubation. I just candled them and 8 were infertile and two I didnt know for sure so they are still in the incubator and am going to candle them again in 2 days or so. Supper excited I thought there were going to be way more infertile ones. :ya:celebrateBut we will see how many more I'll have to throw out. Don't know what I'm going to do with them all if they all hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom