11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
One chick has hatched here! There's a pip on another egg, I hope it doesn't take too long because chick 1 desperately wants some company! She runs over the the edge of the incubator to visit when anyone, human or cat goes near.

DSCF1146 (2).JPG DSCF1164.JPG DSCF1169 (2).JPG

Progress this morning! My only EHAL baby has made an actual external pip now! :p The lines show where the air cell was and baby pipped to the side of where drawdown should have occurred, so I'm guessing that the initial 'pip' that didn't break through the membrane was an internal pip close to the shell. The membrane is now torn and baby's beak is visible there.

Weird pip unmarked.jpg

found a cup yesterday and thought wth Ill put the chick in it to see if it will help it from falling over so i had it in the cup all day yesterday kepy tapping the bator so it would half to stand then 3 in the morning i heard the cup fall over and it was walking around without falling over this cup ws the perfect size its body fitted perfectly in it the last ss egg hatched and both barred eggs hatched sad thing is both barreds are males all i wanted was to hatch one black female lol now i have two more blue barred males
57CE02FA-461E-4FC5-9A97-50A7B2EC6F0A.jpeg
8BD31518-E105-4399-89D4-7A0669BD74DC.jpeg
5C20473C-AF1F-4EF0-8A25-1347E895955E.jpeg

so thats my hatch 5/6 and 2/6 heres a vid if the last one hatching

Last edited:
My EHAL baby is out!! ❤ :jumpy :celebrate :wee Pretty sure she's a Silkie x Cochin mix as I'd hoped--and she's got five toes on one foot and four on the other! :eek: (Editing to add, sorry for the lack of pictures. :oops: My phone is charging at the moment and my good camera won't take pictures through the incubator window.)

All 6 of my Bantam Silkies Cochins hatched yesterday! I will take some fluffy pictures later today. I'm going to drop off some other chicks at a couple friend's houses today and since both of these friend's have beautiful breeding flocks I'm hoping they won't have any eggs available for me without notice...(I'm trying to stop incubating for a little while, proving difficult. Lol!!)

First hatch and first baby on day 20! I forgot to enter the HAL, even though I put them in the incubator late March 21, just so I could take part lol, but I hope you don’t mind me posting a pic of our cute little blue silkie!
I think you can still join. I mean, you are "hatching along" no matter what, but joining [send a message to @casportpony with details..] let's your hatch "count" in some contests.
The "How many eggs set for EHAL?" contest is closed and done, yours probably cant count there.
The "How many will hatch" might still be open for guesses, and maybe yours could count in that one.. or maybe not, since most entries are based on the number set from the first contest.
"Farthest shipped eggs" is a contest for hatchers (not guessers), if your eggs were shipped far, you could be eligible to win that one.

[This brings up a question... in the guessing contests, does one need to be running a hatch to be eligible to enter a guess? ]

Other contests are available too - I entered the "Hatching chick photo" contest with a photo of a chick that hatched last Saturday (she was set too early to be part of the EHAL counts.. her mom is a Mille Fleur D'uccles, and dad is a Blue Ameraucana, so she'll probably be a little blue bantam Easter Egger.)

[This suggests another contest for next year's EHAL... "How Many Easter Eggers Will Set/Hatch?" (counting all layers of blue, green, and olive eggs...)]
VideoCapture_20200404-233135.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom