11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. It’s probably just me being a worrywart but I like when y’all experienced chicken owners can reassure me. That’s one thing I love about these hatch-a-longs
That is one of the great things about hatch a longs!

Ok I’m getting really worried about this little one
When she is on her back her legs are shaking and I have helped her onto her feet once but she flopped right back over. It looks like she has given up from trying to flip back over herself and now lays there on her back/side-her feet non stop shaking.
She is having a very hard time drying (I don’t have an extra incubator sadly to put her in alone) another chick (scissor beak baby) hatched a couple of hours after her and is doing much better and able to stay on her feet. And dry well
what should I do to help this little one? Is there anything or should I see what happens?View attachment 2086508View attachment 2086509
Had him in a coffee cup for a long time. His back was gettin rubbed and a little red but now he’s fluffed and it’s gone away.
His legs are definitely straddled but a little different then what I usually see for straddled legs (I may be wrong) at this point I was think of starting a new thread about this little guy? Should I? His bottom side is gettin raw and looks really bad from rubbing and not walking on his feet properly

1438A910-3A5E-48D1-BA2B-306AFF37BA57.jpeg

his legs are out in front of him so I don’t know if this is straddle leg—but definitely something similar (I may be wrong)
A92DEDBB-3F16-48AE-AE13-0EE7000405E7.jpeg

what can I do?

thank you all sorry about this little guy and happy Easter.🐣:)

I had a couple silkies similar to that in my last hatch. I've tried vet tape and it's too stiff, I think. I grabbed the nearest sticky thing--a roll of scotch tape, split a length to half its width, and used that. It's easy--worth a try. Make sure when you give him his little hobbles that his legs are far enough apart for him to balance. It doesn't last long so check it. In my case it lasted long enough... hope you can help the little guy.

Had him in a coffee cup for a long time. His back was gettin rubbed and a little red but now he’s fluffed and it’s gone away.
His legs are definitely straddled but a little different then what I usually see for straddled legs (I may be wrong) at this point I was think of starting a new thread about this little guy? Should I? His bottom side is gettin raw and looks really bad from rubbing and not walking on his feet properly

View attachment 2087040
his legs are out in front of him so I don’t know if this is straddle leg—but definitely something similar (I may be wrong)
View attachment 2087038
what can I do?

thank you all sorry about this little guy and happy Easter.🐣:)
Yes, start a thread in the emergencies forum.

It looks like it needs a splint. The sooner the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom