12+ Frizzled standard cochin eggs $15.00 shipped(feather sexing photos

Ok, I sent payment! Yippee!! My hen will be so excited to finally hatch something!

I do have a question tho. All of the frizzles I have ever seen have been small, bantam sized birds. Is this Blue frizzle rooster really the size of a Standard Cochin? He looks great in the photos, but it is hard to judge size by that image!

I would love a BIG frizzle! That would be great! Thank you so much!

A~

Quote:
All the birds are standards...although the hens ( blue cochins are giant) they are a bit bigger than the roos...the roos dont mind - big girls need loving too!

I have bantam frizzles also but these are standards - the cochins (blues) are giants, the partridge are n ormal size and the 2 black roos are standards, and the red rooster is a little bit smaller than a standard...the turken is the smallest of all....

Is the red roo in the pen a top hat. It does not appear to have a straight comb like a cochin and has feather on it head. Its very cute.

You have a great looking flock Kelly,that red Roo is gorgeous!..Makes me wish I had room in my bator.
hmm.png
But I'm lucky enough to have it full.
wink.png

Quote:
the red roo is a mix between a red frizzled cochin and a golden polish roo ( I borrowed the red frizzled cochin for about a week from a friend..unfortunately when i gave the hen back to my friend she got out of her pen about 2 weeks after and a dog had his way with her...I am trying to mix him(her son the red roo) with a blue hen and start a red laced blue cochin frizzle line. so far I have hatched about 30 eggs from this pen(the roo to hen ratio is almost 1/2 so it is very fertile) - no naked necks(he must be weak), 9 blue frizzles (their gene must be strong) a few splash smooth blue and a few red splash smooth blue hens - I wish they had more red on them but just a very little red. I have 8 new ones in the brooder now and can tell one is for sure 3 frizzled blues - the others I am not sure yet

Once the red splash blue hens get old enough I will breed them back to a red rooster and see what happens but that will not be until next spring

I want a red laced blue cochin ! !!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Its Joni (my name) and this is just my experament pen - the blue hens are georgeous - but unfortunately I only have three...although I have about 7 juvenile blue cochins- next spring when the juvenile (teenagers) get old enough - I am hoping one of the frizzled blue cochin chicks I have are a roo I will seperate all the blue hens and hopefully I get a rooster and have pure blue hens and a blue rooster. All the birds in this pen are pure cochin excet the turken - 1/2 blue cochin and turken and the red roo 1/2 polish and 1/2 cochin. I did buy some eggs from a breeder who has frizzled blue cochins (paid $45 a dozen but they are awesome) I got three dozen from them) and hatched out quite a few and once they get old enough - I will seperate and have all pure blue cochin and the majority wheather smooth or frizzled will have the frizzled gene). I did take a photo of one of my darker blue cochins in this pen - she is actually the prettiest but I dont think she is laying yet and I did want to get anyones hopes up for an egg from her. Next spring I should have a pen of pure blue standard cochin frizzles!

Last edited:
Got my eggs today. All are perfect! Great packing.

Can't wait for them to hatch!

I put some under the hen, some in the bator.

I will let you know how many frizzles I get.

Thanks for the great eggs and price!

Carmel

Is it possible to get a dozen eggs with some of them being frizzle cochins with a few cuckoo marans?

Suzy

Back
Top Bottom