12+ Olive Egger Eggs- F1 and F2 Combo****Buy it Now

cpartist

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 29, 2009
Alachua County FL
This is a Buy it Now for 12+ F1 and F2 Olive Egger Eggs. 6 of each plus extras. PM to buy.
Shipping is 20.00---25.00 west of the Mississippi. I double box and use pine shavings in the outer box to protect from abuse and temp extremes. The box is heavy, but worth it I think as I have had some reports of 80-100% hatches but as per usual cannot be responsible for any damages due to USPS handling.
I also cannot guarantee hatch rates due to factors beyond my control, but I have very good hatch rates on these here.

I crossed Welsummers with Blue and Black Copper Marans and got blue and black hens with orangy hackles laying nice dark eggs.

They are great layers, averaging 5-6 eggs a week each. I have these under a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana to make F1 Olive Eggers. These are eggs they laid at the early in their cycle on the left and later in their cycle on the right-

All of the chicks I have hatched from them have been bearded and pea combed, and all lay olive. This is what some of them look like, all growed up ; )

These girls are with a Splash Copper Marans rooster to get yet darker F2 Olive Eggs with a good variety of chick colors, but the chances of getting single combs and dark brown eggs only will increase in this generation. Here are some of the eggs they have laid-

I shipped out a bunch of these last year, and once they began to lay, many people sent me egg photos. With their permission I am posting some of them here.

Photos courtesy of aheritage, sono-chick and SadieSue

Last edited:
The eggs all arrived safely! And what a great double boxed packing job! Thanks for so many extras!

One of my hens just went broody (lucky me!) and I was thinking of setting half of the eggs under her. But I've heard that dark eggs like marans can be hard to hatch due to thick shells? Have you ever hatched any of these under a broody?

I have not tried to hatch any of these under a broody, but they hatch as well as any other eggs when in the bator. Maybe you could give her just a few and if she does well, let her "adopt" the bator hatched chicks as well-

I wanted to give an update on the eggs we received about 2 ½ weeks ago - all arrived safely and we were so impressed by the colors of the olive eggs - especially the spotted eggs! We have candled and found that ALL of the eggs are fertile and developing!!! We are thrilled! We are anticipating an Easter hatch and cannot wait to see what the chicks look like. Thank you so much for the excellent eggs! I will update after the hatch...

We had a great hatch - only 13 of 15 eggs hatched - we are thrilled and the chicks are healthy and beautiful! We can't wait to see what they grow up to be - there is quite the variety! We would recommend these eggs to anyone! Thanks again!

thumbsup.gif

I received my eggs today, they are beautiful and were packaged like Ft Knox! It's going to be a long 3 weeks - but I will try to remember to post an update when they hatch :)

I picked up 7 eggs from you 20 days ago and tonight I am starting to hear peeping noises from inside the eggs! I am so excited....can't wait to see what they look like!

Sandy

Here are three Olive Eggers from your eggs from last year: two lay olive, one lays deep brown with speckles!

Back
Top Bottom