14-15wk Silver Partridge Silkie Gender guess~>

jBabychickn

Songster
Jul 19, 2021
Lexington, KY
My Coop
My Coop
Here are my initial photos: I’ve just read a post that offers more advice on showing better photos, so please LMK if any other angles or photo shots are needed. I think I’ll try to get a few more added soon here as well but some direction would be very helpful…

This is “Sassafras” —

Attachments

• IMG_9159.jpeg
    IMG_9159.jpeg
    543.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9166.jpeg
    IMG_9166.jpeg
    535.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9167.jpeg
    IMG_9167.jpeg
    541.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9164.jpeg
    IMG_9164.jpeg
    613.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9165.jpeg
    IMG_9165.jpeg
    675.5 KB · Views: 18
The comb seems reasonable for a pullet at that age, but I'm not positive. It looks mottled to me instead of silver partridge, but I am not positive about that, either.
Additional feedback/information—
@Ch1cken Tender
@Chive
I’ve bounced back n’ forth between thinking rooster & pullet on little Sassafras, that’s for sure! I thought cockerel at first, just based on seeing that comb growth; however this little comb hasn’t grown at all in several weeks and is quite small overall. I’d feel comfortable saying that it’s the same size now as it was last month.
@JedJackson — I say Silver partridge because of the marking as little bitty baby chick. I’m adding some pics of Sassafras as a baby and I’m including Mama as well so you guys can check out her Comb Size…

Attachments

• DSC_0026.jpeg
    DSC_0026.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8584.jpeg
    IMG_8584.jpeg
    834.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0012.jpeg
    DSC_0012.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9223.jpeg
    IMG_9223.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The comb seems reasonable for a pullet at that age, but I'm not positive. It looks mottled to me instead of silver partridge, but I am not positive about that, either.
@Chive
@Ch1cken Tender

Mister Sassafras crowed this morning ya’ll …
Definitely a Boy!! ♥️😉 Over this past week his comb has turned a bright mulberry and I can see those pretty bright blue earlobes too! LOL!
— He’s super sweet; I wanna say the sweetest cockerel I’ve ever had actually… Thanks for replying to my post and sharing your guesses.

@Chive
@Ch1cken Tender

Definitely a Boy!! ♥️😉 Over this past week his comb has turned a bright mulberry and I can see those pretty bright blue earlobes too! LOL!
— He’s super sweet; I wanna say the sweetest cockerel I’ve ever had actually… Thanks for replying to my post and sharing your guesses.
I guess he decided to settle the matter once and for all.

@Chive
@Ch1cken Tender

I’m glad he’s being sweet. :) Good luck with him!

Back
Top Bottom