Open Contest 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along—Cutest Baby Fowl Photo Contest—Win a Brinsea Incubator!

Pics
Entry #3
Elsie the Lavender Orpington at 1 and 1/2 weeks.
IMG_3411.jpg

Last edited:
Whenever I hand fed them, I couldn't figure out why the peck from this chick was so much more powerful than the others. It made much more sense once I realized he was a rooster. 😂
once I had a group of three chicks. Two pecked softly one would try to rip your hand off but otherwise was very sweet. The one that pecked hard was a girl the other two were boys 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think she had trouble eating small stuff it seemed like her aim was off! She’s better now!

once I had a group of three chicks. Two pecked softly one would try to rip your hand off but otherwise was very sweet. The one that pecked hard was a girl the other two were boys 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think she had trouble eating small stuff it seemed like her aim was off! She’s better now!
That's so interesting! I think my roo pecked hard to begin with but learned he shouldn't do that. He is softer than the hens now! He's even careful with his nails when I hold him so that he doesn't hurt me. My hen, Sadie, gives my pant leg a peck if I don't hug her right away. 😂 It's stronger than the other chickens' pecks.

Back
Top Bottom