1900 Gallons of ducky bliss

We got to try out the new hose today. Ducks can use the ramp in about 2:20, and the pool is completely full in 2:48. (Which mean partials take about 28 minutes to fill). Not quite as good as we hoped for, but still a considerable improvement. We probably hit the limit of our pump/the spigot in the back yard. I just checked and this works out to a little over 11 gpm which would be a reasonable output for a 1/2 hp well pump. I have no idea what is down there, but our house is tiny (1170 sq ft) so that seems reasonable.

It has rained a bit the last couple days.... Why did I get them a pool?

Last weekend the duckies lost their pool
hit.gif

Every weekend we would put lawn chairs on their ramp to block access to the pool while we clean it. As soon as we lift the chairs, they go in and check out the clean pool. This time, I removed the ramp from the pool and put it in the back yard. Most of the ducks immediately began to make swimming and dunking and preening motions - they knew something was different and they were trying to tell me the pool was important to them.
gig.gif

Now they are back to two six foot kiddie pools. I put the kiddie pools on the tarp that the big pool was on and this keeps them from digging in the ground on the outside of the pool and throwing all the dirt in the pool. This means I can change the pools every other day instead of every day
big_smile.png
This also means I have to clean the tarp
sickbyc.gif
... Well, works for now. Once the pools start freezing solid, they will have to do with a heated bucket...

Poor duckies... This really is a downgrade :( And poor us too... This is more work than the big pool. Oh well... We will all be waiting for next spring.

Back
Top Bottom