1900 Gallons of ducky bliss

According to Accuweather, tomorrow should be the last day of this Winter that we go into the negatives... Maybe the duckies will get a little kiddie pool this weekend
big_smile.png
. We still have about two months left before the big pool can go up again...

According to Accuweather, tomorrow should be the last day of this Winter that we go into the negatives... Maybe the duckies will get a little kiddie pool this weekend
big_smile.png
. We still have about two months left before the big pool can go up again...
Kiddy pool better than no pool dad. I bet they will love it.
pop.gif

Kiddy pool better than no pool dad. I bet they will love it.
pop.gif
I am re-quoting this because here is the video showing "bet they will love it."
wink.png

The ducks got their big pool back for the first time today. (This is year 3... I have spent more on kiddie pools in 3 years than this pool, I am very happy with this purchase.) Yesterday we put it up and put a couple hundred pounds of water in it (so it wouldn't blow away) as well as a gallon of bleach. They got to see this and they recognized the pool. We did this at the end of the day so we could supervise them and insure nobody flew into the pool and the bleach water. The next day we scrubbed out the pool that had been soaking with bleach, drained it, filled it about 25%, drained it, then filled it all the way. The ducks were mulling around in anticipation all day. I put the ramp back together and set it up. The ducks had been shooed away several times so they didn't know it was time yet, so I grabbed Allie, and set her on the top of the ramp. That got some notice. Allie went in and the other ducks started pouring in. Yvonne got her phone up as fast as she could, but wasn't fast enough to see the majority of them go in. Heck by the time Yvonne got her phone out Kaine had already jumped on Allie, then Latte, then he was on Tella for the video - he takes his job of lead drake VERY seriously.
roll.png

0.jpg

Unfortunately after all this craziness, Allie came out with one of her blood feathers cracked near the tip and bleeding. Whether it was from the craziness or Kaine, we don't know. We checked her out and other than there being blood all over her nice clean white feathers, she looked OK. The blood was starting to clot, so we decided to just throw some "New Skin" over the top of it then spray her down with some Blu-kote. Several hours later, we didn't see any new blood, so hopefully she will be fine. BTW we have had some really good luck with minor scrapes and "New Skin" (only used it a couple of times so far). I have never seen it used or recommended on the forum, but it dries into a good waterproof "bandage" that lasts a couple of days and seems well suited for waterfowl - especially their feet which can be problematic to protect.

Now this was the first time I ever used Blu-kote, especially on a white duck.... So I had to give Tevye a snazzy drake feather
gig.gif

I honestly thought about doing his poof, but Yvonne would have killed me.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom